PDA

View Full Version : WiFi is gonna be sweet

Zelda_fan
11-10-05, 02:22 PM
I'm kinda excited about this WiFi thing Nintendo's got going on. I can't wait to pick up some Mario Kart DS and play it online. Same thing with Animal Crossing DS. It's gonna be sweet! Anyone else excited?

Edge
11-10-05, 02:33 PM
About time Nintendo got some online games, it's just disapointing as all hell when I see yet another Nintendo game released without online play and think "boy, I bet that game would rock online". Now if they'll release an online Star Fox game (a feature which Assault SHOULD have had), I'd be happy. How do you communicate on the DS though? Since it has a built-in mic does it have voice-chat?

Acid Rain
11-10-05, 02:52 PM
I'm kinda excited about this WiFi thing Nintendo's got going on. I can't wait to pick up some Mario Kart DS and play it online. Same thing with Animal Crossing DS. It's gonna be sweet! Anyone else excited?Sounds cool but, Animal Crossing?:confused: That thing bores me to tears. Definitely a title for the girlfriend.

Zelda_fan
11-10-05, 04:21 PM
About time Nintendo got some online games, it's just disapointing as all hell when I see yet another Nintendo game released without online play and think "boy, I bet that game would rock online". Now if they'll release an online Star Fox game (a feature which Assault SHOULD have had), I'd be happy. How do you communicate on the DS though? Since it has a built-in mic does it have voice-chat?

I suppose you can do voice chat since you have a mic, but the game would have to have code for it. It should be very possible over the wireless connection since it uses the B signal which allows for 11MBits per second - more than enough to support voice chat.