PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 7800 GTX cannot be installed.

Herr Ober
11-11-05, 05:47 AM
I have a GeForce 7800 GTX running on XP pro, 4400+ , ATI RADEON® XPRESS 200. My display is a Flatron Slim from LG. The "installed display is "standard" and cannot be changed. The video card settings says "unnown".

It seems there is a memmory conflict with "PCI Standard PCI-to PCI"-devices (3 of them).

Are there any bright minds out there who could give me some help??

Peacemaker
11-11-05, 02:20 PM
I have a GeForce 7800 GTX running on XP pro, 4400+ , ATI RADEON® XPRESS 200.

Hmmm.. You got ATI mb ? For nVidia GPU ? Maybe this is a conflict. Xpress200 was made for Radeons i supose...

Peacemaker.

Herr Ober
11-11-05, 04:37 PM
Well, I have allready used this components, and they worked just fine together fore a week ago.

lee63
11-11-05, 04:42 PM
Well, I have allready used this components, and they worked just fine together fore a week ago.hmmm... try a different set of drivers and use driver cleaner.

jAkUp
11-11-05, 04:52 PM
Yes, try the latest 81.85's from nVidia in addition to using drivercleaner first.

Herr Ober
11-15-05, 04:39 AM
I have not used any driver cleaner yet, and I wonder what it can do.

However, I have installed the drivers from ATI;
5-11-igp_xp-2k_dd_cp_wdm_sb_gart_27345.exe and
5-11-igp_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_sb_gart_enu_27345.exe

Then, after startup I run nVidias driver prog 81.85_forceware_winxp2k_mobile_international_whql. exe.

It couldnt find any nVidia hardware, so I run nVidias 52.16_win2kxp_english_whql.exe, wich installed the drivers. Then I restarted the PC. The "found new hardware" sign showed up as usial, but could not install any drivers.

In my system manager I have the ATI SMBus, and the status for that says that" No drivers are installed".

In my system manager I also have "Other devices/ video controller (VGA compatible) Status for this one is kod 28.

I have not used any driver cleaner yet, and I wonder what it can do.

Thanks

DarkOneX
11-15-05, 07:07 AM
Get a new mobo, who the heck has a mobo made by ATI, especially one they are trying to install an nVidia card in! lol

TierMann
11-15-05, 07:29 AM
Get a new mobo, who the heck has a mobo made by ATI, especially one they are trying to install an nVidia card in! lol
Have we forgotten about nForce3+6800? I don't think ATi is the problem here.
What I would try is...
-Uninstalling all ATi and nV drivers.
-Reboot in safe mode and run drivercleaner for both.
-Reboot normally and install your full ATi set for the mobo.
-Reboot and install the nV drivers for the card.
-Reboot and if you don't have the desktop context menu or an nV icon in your tray just run the nV installer again and reboot one more time.

If that doesn't work, I got nuthin'. :(

macatak
11-15-05, 07:53 AM
Doesn't that mobo have intergrated graphics ?? if it does you might have to disable the IGP in the BIOS

Herr Ober
11-15-05, 05:15 PM
TierMann, you are the best. This really helped me out. Give my thanks to the others who did their best to resolv my problem. And one more thing: I can see that the intelligent ones are thouse (spell like hell) who also have the knowlidge to be friendly, while helping us who are (hopefully) god at other things then installing video cards.

Enjoy the good life.
Thanks

TierMann
11-15-05, 09:49 PM
You're welcome. :)
I'm glad you got it working. Sometimes all it takes is a little patience and going step by step. Drivers can be a pain sometimes when you're dealing with more than one at a time. With your GTX you should have some good gaming ahead of you if that's what you're into.