PDA

View Full Version : 4xSLI Quad Royal preview

Zelda_fan
11-12-05, 01:22 AM
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=180

can't wait till this baby gets reviewed. I haven't been this excited about motherboards in a long time.

Slyder
11-12-05, 03:19 AM
Gigabyte... oh how that dosnt surprise me. :)

Defintly my weapon of choice for motherboards as they always seem to be one step ahead of the game. I just purchased there 3D1 bundle with a dual 6600 GT. SLI with only the one card baby. :D

Plus the motherboard (K8NXP-SLI) is packed with enough features to make your eyes bleed. :D

wheeljack12
11-12-05, 12:16 PM
unless you are into using 8 monitors, this mb is not going to help the common user. You still can only use two video cards in SLI. Yes, you can use the gigabyte and asus dual video cards to get your 4 gpus. On the other hand, why didn't gigabyte develop a motherboard that has two slots allowing 2 dual gpu video cards instead of wasting 4 PCI-e slots to get the job done.
The question of the day would be, what is the performance like with a 2 cards in SLI for one monitor and then two other cards running 4 monitors be like? This is where the Dual Core extreme edtion 3.2 cpu would probably come in handy with Hyperthreading dual core.

jAkUp
11-12-05, 12:49 PM
unless you are into using 8 monitors, this mb is not going to help the common user. You still can only use two video cards in SLI. Yes, you can use the gigabyte and asus dual video cards to get your 4 gpus. On the other hand, why didn't gigabyte develop a motherboard that has two slots allowing 2 dual gpu video cards instead of wasting 4 PCI-e slots to get the job done.
The question of the day would be, what is the performance like with a 2 cards in SLI for one monitor and then two other cards running 4 monitors be like? This is where the Dual Core extreme edtion 3.2 cpu would probably come in handy with Hyperthreading dual core.

According to this pic, all 4 cores are working together:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=14268&d=1131557287