PDA

View Full Version : My brand new Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe won't install driver support for my Creative-X-Fi

Digital_Trans
11-12-05, 12:33 AM
My brand new Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe won't install driver support for my Creative-X-Fi sound card why? :thumbdwn:

OWA
11-12-05, 12:38 AM
What happens?

Digital_Trans
11-12-05, 12:46 AM
I installed the Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS into my Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard and when i go to install the drivers I get the following error message. Screenshot attached to this post below. As far as I can see, everything is installed correctly.

OWA
11-12-05, 02:28 AM
Hmm, that's weird. You don't have any unknown devices or any devices showing up with missing drivers. Here is mine.

Digital_Trans
11-12-05, 02:44 AM
Hmm, that's weird. You don't have any unknown devices or any devices showing up with missing drivers. Here is mine.

Right, I'm going to play with the system bios and then take the sound card out and put it back in and then reboot to see if Windows XP Pro detects new hardware found and then install the drivers. This is so odd? :thumbdwn:

Slyder
11-12-05, 04:22 AM
Right, I'm going to play with the system bios and then take the sound card out and put it back in and then reboot to see if Windows XP Pro detects new hardware found and then install the drivers. This is so odd? :thumbdwn:

Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you disabled the on-board sound (if any) ?

Vik1dk
11-12-05, 07:42 AM
I had to uninstall quicktime before the driver cd would work:o

Digital_Trans
11-12-05, 09:57 AM
Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you disabled the on-board sound (if any) ?

Yes, I have.......:thumbdwn: Still no luck.

wheeljack12
11-12-05, 11:08 AM
Digital_Trans, I think you have a Defective Card. Because you should see like OWA said a unknown or a mutlimedia device in device manager even before installing software/drivers (meaning it didn't get detected by windows/motherboard plug and play)with a exclamation mark. I would test this card in another system just to be sure.

Zerocool
11-12-05, 02:07 PM
I had the same thing, i called Creative they said make sure you disable anti-virus and firewall during install. That didnt fix it for me, but I ended up switching PCI slots twice (didnt work in the 2 bottom for some reason) and now it works fine. So try a different PCI slot might work for you too, good luck.

crainger
11-12-05, 04:39 PM
I had this problem with my Audigy 2. I think I fixed it by using driver cleaner to remove all traces of Creative.

If this is a fresh install, then its possible its a defective card as mentioned before, theres no mention of any unknown hardware.

Digital_Trans
11-12-05, 10:06 PM
What happens?

Well, Boys I fixed the problem....

I moved the sound card up higher into the very top PCI slot near my
second SLI Nvidia BFG 7800 GTX-OC PCI-Express video card.
Now the damn video card can't breath! But it's working! :(
Never the less, I'm thinking now it's an IRQ conflict in Windows XP....
My Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe Motheboard is only a few days old.
I will turn off my PC and then transfer the sound card back into the bottom
PCI slot and see if it corrects the problem. If not then I know for sure this board has a defective PCI Slot. If this holds true, I will then call Asus and let them know what's on my mind in real time. The last Asus motherboard I had which was the Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe Retail caught on fire right when I booted it up for the very first time. So, Asus isn't going to like what I've got to say if their boards defective for the second time. I mean how many times can someone make a defective product and sell it to the end-user market if this holds true? I can't say for sure until I do the reset. I'll update you all very soon........:eek:

Zerocool
11-12-05, 10:19 PM
I dont think its a busted PCI issue but a BIOS or driver issue. Cause I had my Audigy 2 in the 2nd to the bottom slot, the one I tried 1st w/ my X-Fi that gave me the error. So the slot works but the card didnt like it for some reason.? Im hoping they fix this so I can move down too. I think I might post this on the Creative forums aswell. Glad you got it workin though

zoomy942
11-12-05, 10:22 PM
i have seen this before. my audigy 2 i used to have did the exact same thing. it didnt like the bottom pci slot for whatever reason.

Digital_Trans
11-12-05, 10:48 PM
This doesn't make any since. I buy new because of the features and look at what I get back. Look at these screen shots posted below. You would think that this problem would have been taken care of years ago by Creative
or Asus for that matter. What should I do next?

Pros: The sound card works!

Pros: I ordered two BFG 7800 GTX-OC 512MB graphics cards

Cons: The bottom PCI slot doesn't like to be used. :thumbdwn:

This is really makig me mad! why me? why me? why me?

Oh, look the yellow explanation point went away.

Any suggestions? :(

Zerocool
11-12-05, 11:14 PM
I got mine workin in the very bottom PCI now, Uninstall all that have to do with card, reboot (cancel windows install) go into cd (right click Explore CD, Audio>Drivers>support>i386>double click ctzapxx.exe uninstall drivers and check the box @ the very bottom (forget exactly what it says but it cleans out the files), reboot cancel windows install, shut down. Move to slot u want boot and install. Also make sure you have power connected to bay AND card. Dont know why it didnt work the first time for me, though I didnt have the power connected to the card.? Good luck bro!

Digital_Trans
11-12-05, 11:36 PM
Well, thanks but, I was able to fix this odd problem.
I think better drivers and a bios update could correct the problem.
Anyway, thanks for your insight mate! :D