PDA

View Full Version : 30.82 V's 41.09 Refresh/nView On Geforce4 Ti 4200

Phirax
01-05-03, 07:55 PM
I have recently upgraded my detonator drivers from 30.82 to 41.09, and i've noticed a couple a problems with them.

My refresh rate seems to be stuck at 60hz. Even if i choose 120hz it thinks it it on 120hz but i know buy looking at it its still on 60hz. This happens on every resolution and both my monitors.

I also can't get nView to work correctly. When i do a screen clone the monitor is fine, but the output to the TV is dodgy. General windows seems ok, but if i use a media player (any) the video is all retarded with lines and double vision. This happens with every video format including DVD's.

Any ideas on whats wrong? I like the 3D performance of the drivers, it helps heeps, but its unpractical to change drivers to run a movie and use windows for general use as 60hz hurts my eyes.

Cotita
01-05-03, 08:16 PM
I had the same problem, installing 42.01 solved it.

Phirax
01-05-03, 09:14 PM
Oh really? I assume the 42.xx ones are beta ones?

Perhaps i should download them and give them a shot, do you know where from?

saturnotaku
01-05-03, 10:12 PM
There are many different refresh rate fixing programs available. The most popular one is Refresh Force and is discussed here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1377).

The NV Refresh Tool also works. You'll have to do a Google search for a download link as the main site appears to be down.

Edit: Don't double post. It's bad forum ettiquite.