PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a widescreen monitor?

DaveW
11-13-05, 11:45 AM
I am wondering how many PC gamers use widescreen. My current monitor is a 4:3 CRT, but im thinking my next monitor will be one of those 20 inch widescreen LCD from Dell.

This is just your primary PC monitor, not including consoles and TVs etc.

superklye
11-13-05, 11:48 AM
Not yet, but my plan is to get a 2405 next year with my tax return and/or profit sharing check from work.

slick
11-13-05, 11:55 AM
If I had the money I'd be all over a Sony FWD900 right now. :drooling:

Lazaredz
11-13-05, 01:17 PM
Got my 2005FPW just when Dell decided that they weren't gonna go NUTZ with the discounts anymore. Delivered for $400 (not bad). For the price I payed, I'm happy. Its neat, fun, has a high "groovy" factor. Good for TV/DVD watching also. However, I would not say it was "worth it" for full price. Actually the only reason I got this one is cause I didn't want to travel with my 21" Sony Trinitron that weighed 70+ pounds. At less than 20 pounds, this is ALOT easier to pack up and move with.

Oh, and no, I don't have any dead pixel/ghosting issues. Only problem I seem to have is horizontal tearing in some games (HL2, FEAR). Others I have no problems with (D3, Q4). I THINK its related to the refresh rate, but have not been able to figure it out yet.

OWA
11-13-05, 01:23 PM
Yes, just got mine last week. It's great and I wish I had jumped on the bandwagon a long time ago.

batmanwcm
11-13-05, 01:34 PM
Right now, many games don't offer full support for widescreen gaming, especially at 1920x1200 resolutions. The ones that I can think of right off the bat is Far Cry and WoW. However, the guys at www.widescreengamingforum.com can get you gaming on widescreen resolutions pretty quick. Hopefully, the devolopers will start incorporating widescreen in all future games. I got my 2405fpw for around $500 a month ago but but it seems Dell has gotten strict with its new policy. You will love your new widescreen LCD, having no bars when watching DVD's is a definite plus.:)

Hex
11-13-05, 01:48 PM
Yes and i love it.
Fear, Quake IV, Everquest 2, Half Life 2, pretty much anything I play on a regular basis supports it with little effort.

Mathesar
11-13-05, 05:06 PM
Im using a 24" Sony FW900 Widescreen CRT and its by far the best PC widescreen monitor on the market, It's great being able to use various widescreen resolutions (depending on the game) , Coming from a 2001FP LCD the FW900 totaly destroys it.

See here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=743923&posted=1) for pics.

top3koms
11-13-05, 05:13 PM
I really had my doubts when going from a big CRT (Sony P220Fb)to a big widescreen LCD(2005FPW)but at this point I couldn't be happier and am enjoying gaming in widescreen very much.