PDA

View Full Version : Quake 4 SLi Performance

Peoples-Agent
11-13-05, 12:50 PM
Hi folks, wonder if you can help me out a lil.

Just got SLi for the first time, trying to get use to all the new settings and what not. Main concern is that I didn't notice much of a performance increase in Q4. Pretty sure I am doing something wrong here....

Using the XG version of the 81.89 drivers.

Can you overide the values already attached to the games profile somehow? ....can I create a new profile and change some settings , i.e choose between SFR, AFR modes etc , if so , what one would you recommend for this game?

Any help much appreciated.... SLi nOOb in need of help!!

Cheers,

- D -

MikeMK
11-13-05, 01:28 PM
Yes you can edit all SLI profiles, and create your own.

Have a read here on details of how to do it:

http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_appprofile.html

Peoples-Agent
11-13-05, 03:52 PM
What setting would you recommend for Quake 4? ....or which of the settings are generally used for higher performance?

SH64
11-13-05, 09:50 PM
Nope i dont recommend changing the SLI profile for Q4. stick with the default one.
what settings are you playing with ??

OWA
11-13-05, 10:22 PM
Yeah, most of the default ones work best. The only ones I found a better value for were Far Cry and FS2004 (although the FS2004 value I was using doesn't work anymore with the 8x.xx drivers). You should only need to play with the various values when games don't have a profile yet.

Peoples-Agent
11-14-05, 03:18 AM
Playing it at 1600 by 1200 X4AA everything on High, looks and plays great with some slowdown now and then which aint a bother because V Sync works on this game.