PDA

View Full Version : FEAR and SLI

Peoples-Agent
11-13-05, 04:58 PM
Hi folks, ...just wondered if you could help me out some.

Recall there was a thread about a new improved profile for FEAR, well I have a feeling it's not working on my rig. Reasoning behind that the Test Settings results are coming out the same whether its selected or not.
I added it to the relevant .xml file, pick it from the list, change my global setting to FEAR which is now on the list but I have no way of knowing whether its working or not because selecting Show GPU Load Balancing doesn't work in FEAR at all. Weird.... very weird. No green bars or anything.

Using XG variant of the 81.89 drivers right now.

Would this profile work for this driver set?

And why wouldn't the GPU load bar be working? ......

Any help much appreciated.

- D -

Peoples-Agent
11-13-05, 06:02 PM
Ahhh dammit!!

VSync kills SLI MODE! WTF.... using 81.89 and 81.87 drivers, I thought this was fixed. How do you get around that? I hate playing without SLI mode.

OWA
11-13-05, 06:52 PM
The load balancing should work. If it's not, something is wrong. You should get the SFR line if you don't change the value and the AFR graph if you do. Try setting the global SLI setting to Auto-Select and also make the new SLI value you entered for FEAR read only (add the predefined tag to it).

zoomy942
11-13-05, 07:24 PM
uh oh. i knew vsynv was fixed and thats why i am getting SLI. ah damnit

OWA
11-13-05, 08:47 PM
The load balancer not working when vsync is disabled was also discussed in the 81.85 thread. It starts being discussed on page 9.

Peoples-Agent
11-14-05, 03:17 AM
Cheers bud, will have to have a look at that.
Odd, very odd, that im still getting this problem seeing as it was suppose to have been fixed.

Peoples-Agent
11-14-05, 09:46 AM
Weirdness.....
On my rig, when I create myself a profile and force SFR GPU Load bar comes back with or without V Sync and performance seems to be better, except it runs crapper when using Slow-Mo .... I really cannot win.
What I need is the Slow-Mo from AFR mode and the general gameplay with SFR.
At a complete loss, and already thinking about getting rid of the extra card, not sure it's worth all of this grief.

skoprowski
11-14-05, 10:06 AM
FEAR SLI doesn't seem to work by default for me in Windows XP x64 bit. I had to force it. SLI works fine in XP 32bit though.

OWA
11-14-05, 10:16 AM
Weirdness.....
On my rig, when I create myself a profile and force SFR GPU Load bar comes back with or without V Sync and performance seems to be better, except it runs crapper when using Slow-Mo .... I really cannot win.
What I need is the Slow-Mo from AFR mode and the general gameplay with SFR.
At a complete loss, and already thinking about getting rid of the extra card, not sure it's worth all of this grief.
Use the value SH64 came up with. It seems to do well all around.

Peoples-Agent
11-14-05, 10:19 AM
Yeah, that's the one I was using, but find SFR still to work better generally. It's not as fast but seems to give the most fluent feel, the frame rate doesn't differ asmuch sort of thing except when gun fighting in slow mo it gets ridiculous.
Just one of those things , can't win.
Thanks for your help OWA, will most likely sit tight for updates.

OWA
11-14-05, 11:15 AM
No problem, hopefully things will get sorted out soon.

skoprowski
11-14-05, 08:26 PM
I see FEAR has its own SLI profile in the 81.94 drivers now- will test later....

Peoples-Agent
11-15-05, 08:18 AM
I still can't work out why AA X4 kills my system and running with Soft Shadows works alot better.