PDA

View Full Version : Opinion needed

Airbrushkid
11-14-05, 02:12 AM
Hello,
I'm new but. What do you guys and gays think of a 6600 GT 256 mb AGP card? I just ordered it. I desided to wait on a SLI until next year when I build a AMD 64 FX system.

Greg
11-14-05, 08:13 AM
Hello,
I'm new but. What do you guys and gays think of a 6600 GT 256 mb AGP card? I just ordered it. I desided to wait on a SLI until next year when I build a AMD 64 FX system.
Perhaps next time ask for opinions before ordering ;) The 6600 GT is a good card if you're on a budget. You will enjoy playing most modern games at reasonable detail settings.

If you're prepared to save a few more pennies, the 6800GT/GS are recommended as the next step up, and if your wallet needs emptying or you have spare children to sell on ebay, you can't beat these new fangled 7800 series.

So what you have ordered is pretty much the minimum to have a good time gaming on a PC. When it's time to upgrade, I recommend checking out the CPU and Video card charts at http://www.tomshardware.com They will give you an idea of where your future product / system sits in the grand scheme of things.