PDA

View Full Version : Different non-traditional games?

Gaco
11-14-05, 04:08 PM
Hey guys.

I'm currently looking for some PCgames that aren't your typical gameclone. I'd especially like to avoid first person shooters or real time strategy games. I'm thinking of games that are a little different from other games when they hit the market, perhaps like the game Fahrenheit (called "Indigo Profecy" in USA) that hit the market earlier this fall, which was a very good adventure game IMO. I could also be games that are exceptionally good games compared to the modest publicity of the game. If in doubt just mention your game anyway as any suggestions and all genres are welcome, although I would like something else than FPS or RTS as mentioned :)

Edge
11-14-05, 04:56 PM
Full Spectrum Warrior is a rather interesting one. I guess it could be considered an RTS game, but definately not what I would call "typical" by any means. Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising was pretty good as well. Like FSW, it does have RTS elements to it, but again it's not a standard one. Sid Meier's Pirates! is another one that's supposed to be good, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

And although it's an Xbox game, Phantom Dust is pretty unique and there isn't really anything out there that's even moderately similar to it.

SH64
11-14-05, 04:57 PM
Beyond Good 'n Evil.

Gaco
11-14-05, 05:11 PM
Oh yeah, Beyond Good and Evil, I forgot to buy that one! Didn't have the cash at the launch, and then I forgot all about it. It's affordable at a nice price now, so I'll definently be looking into this one :)

I think I'm gonna read some reviews of Pirates though I'd also welcome any impressions from the users here of this game?

Full Spectrum Warrior looks very interesting, and as I recall I enjoyed the demo rather much, but it's just too expensive still being set at a new game's price =/

CaptNKILL
11-14-05, 05:14 PM
Outcast :)

SDinc
11-14-05, 11:19 PM
Did you read all the posts in the X3:Reunion thread? I have been looking just like you and X3 seems like it could be a winner.