PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Errors gf 7800 gtx

yuriz43
11-14-05, 11:10 PM
Hello,

I just built a new system and I am having some strange graphical problems with my system in games.

First problem is in guildwars. I play for a while( or for 5 min) and then completely randomly I will start to get tiny visual artifact dot things. I can still play but the dots get worse. If I alt-tab out of the game or goto window mode it fixes it(infact i think it only can happen in full screen?), but it comes back. One thing I have noticed is that when I get the artifacts in guild wars my video cards temp sensors are no longer responding, and when I try to goto my Nvidia control pannel my entire comp crashes. After crashing, and upon Windowsxp starting again all of my usb devices are not detected ( however if I just replug them in and out its fine). <-- I think this has happend other times starting up though not sure if its related.

Second problem is that when I load Quake4 after loading CS:S I get these weird Horizontal rectangles going up my screen. If I try to actually load a map at that point my entire system crashes with weird artifacts and stuff. If I quit the game my comp will be fine. If I try to run it again, it will do the same thing... The only way around this is to restart my comp, or delete my quake4config which resets the resolution ( I can then set the resolution to what I want and then its fine from there on). This leads me to believe that CS:S changes the state of my vid card and unless its reset Quake4 will be messed up? Not sure really.

All of my components are at stock speeds.

CPU Idles 30c, Load is 40-45c

GPU idles at 40c Load is 50-60c

Other then those 2 things my system runs very well. I have absolutely no problems in CS:S ( other then it messing up quake4). I can play guild wars without ever getting the artifacts.

AMD X2 3800 @ stock 2.0ghz
Asus a8n Premium
2 gig OCZ platinum
PNY Geforce 7800 gtx @ stock 430/1200
SATAII Samsung HD 160gb
PC & PWRCooling PSU 510 WATT

macatak
11-14-05, 11:26 PM
try updating your video driver if you haven't allready

evilchris
11-14-05, 11:28 PM
Update drivers. If the problem remains at stock clocks like you have, you may have a dud card.

yuriz43
11-14-05, 11:57 PM
I have the 81.85 drivers.

yuriz43
11-15-05, 03:32 PM
Ok, well I switched to drivers 78.01 and all my problems with CS:S messing up quake4 have gone away...

I have a feeling it will fix my Guild Wars problems too...

I will test when I get home, but so far this is good news because this means it is prolly just a driver issue.