PDA

View Full Version : Strange problems with F.E.A.R. MP

DoomUK
11-15-05, 07:31 AM
OK, last night I was playing F.E.A.R. MP (v1.1), and I was abruptly kicked after being branded a 'hacker', i.e the server master kicked me on the grounds of cheating. The point is I'm not cheating; I have no additional config files in my F.E.A.R. folders that could be viewed as a 'hack' or whatever (via Punkbuster or an otherwise anti-cheat client, not that F.E.A.R. even implements such a utility yet).

This is not the first time this has happened, many games/servers I've played on I've been kicked from for no apparent reason. The MP metrics seem fine on my end at least; I have yet to encounter a player that can outrun me/has a unusually high hit-count etc, likewise playing against others seems to me a good, fair challenge.

I'd install the 1.2 patch, but this causes problems of a different kind; the game will not load (well documented, I believe).

Any suggestions welcome.

TierMann
11-15-05, 07:44 AM
I've been kicked a few times before too, but I think people just can't handled getting owned.

The game not loading with 1.02 has a workaround and there's also a fix which worked for me and a lot of people so far...

Workaround: Disconnect from the internet. Start the game. Alt+tab back to desktop and connect to the internet. (worked for me)

Fix: Securom put out a fixed exe which let me load the game with no problems now even when connected. (replace your fear.exe with that after updating to 1.02) http://www.securom.com/support/customers/vugames/FEAR_t149/FEAR.zip
Remember to back up your old exe just incase or reinstall 1.02 if all else fails.

DoomUK
11-15-05, 05:37 PM
Thankyou on both counts, TierMann :). The .exe fix worked for me, big ups go to whoever took their time out to compile it.

And it's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets kicked by other F.E.A.R. players. Didn't honestly think myself good enough to own before now :p