PDA

View Full Version : New X-Fi Drivers

jAkUp
11-15-05, 12:04 PM
Both 32bit and 64bit flavor... grab it here!
www.soundblaster.com

*Removes randomly occurring audio distortion that may occur after you install drivers and restart your computer.
*Improves host CPU utilization performance when you play 3D/EAX games.
*Improves the usability of the Bit-Matched Playback feature in Audio Creation Mode.
*Resolves some MIDI/SoundFont® compatibility issues.
*Restores EAX presets properly when you select default settings in Entertainment Mode.
*Resolves the issue of a mode console sometimes not responding after you switch modes.
*Restores proper functionality to the EQ sliders when you select EAX effects in Entertainment Mode.
*Removes the error message that sometimes appears in THX Setup Console when you switch modes multiple times.
*Resolves the issue of your computer not responding when you change the Reverb Aux effect in Audio Creation Mode.

Requirements:
*Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 2
*Sound Blaster X-Fi series audio device

superklye
11-15-05, 01:26 PM
Sweet. I assume these are the same ones that wheeljack12 posted about? I can't wait to get home and install them. :D

jAkUp
11-15-05, 01:45 PM
Whoops, didn't see that, but these are the 32 bit drivers also.

superklye
11-15-05, 02:02 PM
Ah, okay. Sweet. Looks like some pretty nice/useful fixes in these.

J-Mag
11-15-05, 02:29 PM
nice... I wonder if this fixes all the issues people (including me) were having in BF2. It was odd because whenever I tried to replicate the popping noises I couldn't do it, they sorta happend randomly for me. (although thinking about it, it occured mostly with EAX and when the UAV scanned...)

jolle
11-15-05, 04:28 PM
the 64bit ones are apparantly the same as the Vista 64bit beta drivers posted earlier..
or atleast It doesnt want to upgrade mine, sais Im already using those drivers.

Riptide
11-15-05, 05:38 PM
With regard to performance in games vs. onboard sound... How much of a performance increase would someone likely see going from an ALC850 to an X-Fi? If you play in high resolutions would it even help at all seeing as you are normally GPU limited there?

Sorry if it's OT, thought this would be a good place to ask. :)

superklye
11-15-05, 05:55 PM
With regard to performance in games vs. onboard sound... How much of a performance increase would someone likely see going from an ALC850 to an X-Fi? If you play in high resolutions would it even help at all seeing as you are normally GPU limited there?

Sorry if it's OT, thought this would be a good place to ask. :)
It's funny you mention that, because in the review I'm doing of my X-Fi Elite Pro, I compare it to my onboard ALC850. I don't want to spoil too much, but FEAR, in SLI with the following settings:

4xAA
16xAF
SS off
Shadows Medium
Volumetric lighting medium
Everything else maximum

I got, on average, 37FPS with the X-Fi and 17 with the ALC850.

OWA
11-15-05, 06:41 PM
It's funny you mention that, because in the review I'm doing of my X-Fi Elite Pro, I compare it to my onboard ALC850. I don't want to spoil too much, but FEAR, in SLI with the following settings:

4xAA
16xAF
SS off
Shadows Medium
Volumetric lighting medium
Everything else maximum

I got, on average, 37FPS with the X-Fi and 17 with the ALC850.
Wow, that's huge. I would think that would be enough to convince anyone to give up their onboard sound.

superklye
11-15-05, 07:08 PM
Wow, that's huge. I would think that would be enough to convince anyone to give up their onboard sound.
Yeah and those scores say NOTHING about the quality of sound. It is second to none. Man, I LOVE THIS CARD!