PDA

View Full Version : A buddy and I rented Resident Evil 4...

saturnotaku
11-15-05, 05:41 PM
And we absolutely loved it. Though we only got a couple hours into it over last weekend (as we did lots of other gaming) it was enough to make us both wish to purchase it. I sold some of my precious anime DVDs (well, not really, I never watched them :p ) to purchase a GameCube, memory card, Wavebird and the game. I got the Mario Party 7 bundle, of which I'm going to sell the game, microphone and extra controller to recoup about half the cost of the system. Plus, I'm going to be getting a $20 voucher from EB for buying the game with the system. That money will be used to purchase NFS: Most Wanted.

I started up RE4 on my own and am still awed by its phenomenal gameplay. I think this will definitely be one game I will not tire of playing and replaying. :D

Mr. Hunt
11-15-05, 06:12 PM
Yup... it is a great game and I hope RE5 can be half as awesome (and a quarter as awesome as RE2).

Have fun with it... I beat it rather quickly but there are quite a few things to unlock (some of which are somewhat difficult) and I ended up playing it for probably a week and a half for hours and hours a day to unlock everything.

brady
11-15-05, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I loved this game. I played it 4 times all the way through. I had everything unlocked. I mean everything!

Zoot!

superklye
11-15-05, 10:57 PM
I've tired to play, but I just find the controls to be ridiculously hard and the fact that enemies (especially the chainsaw guys) take forever to die, it was too frustrating. I could not find my way out of that first town and I've since given up.

Maybe I'll give it another go, but playing the same section of level 20+ times is so frustrating.

And don't you have a PS2, Sat? From what I hear, they added a ton of new stuff to the PS2 version of the game.

Mr. Hunt
11-16-05, 02:04 AM
I've tired to play, but I just find the controls to be ridiculously hard and the fact that enemies (especially the chainsaw guys) take forever to die, it was too frustrating. I could not find my way out of that first town and I've since given up.

Maybe I'll give it another go, but playing the same section of level 20+ times is so frustrating.

And don't you have a PS2, Sat? From what I hear, they added a ton of new stuff to the PS2 version of the game.

1.) Aim for the head.
2.) You suck.
3.) I think he just has an Xbox (and I guess a GC now :\).

Vagrant Zero
11-16-05, 02:46 AM
1.) Aim for the head.
2.) You suck.

I always go for the crotch. I'm gothatistic like that.

superklye
11-16-05, 10:38 AM
1.) Aim for the head.
2.) You suck.
And then when a chainsaw guy takes 6 shotgun blasts to the face and is still coming, what then?

I suck because they made an impossibly unrealistic game?

"Here's 10 bullets, 30 guys, and it take 15 bullets to kill a single one. Have fun."

Great game design. :rolleyes2

Ninjaman09
11-16-05, 10:42 AM
Resident Evil 4 is probably the best game on the 'Cube, aside from Metroid Prime of course. :D

And lol superkyle - it's fine learn2play.

saturnotaku
11-16-05, 10:46 AM
In that opening battle, don't run inside the house to grab the shotgun right off the bat. I sat behind the house and let the enemies come to me and made creative use of my knife and handgun (the baddies drop plenty of ammo). As long as you don't go inside the house, the chainsaw guy won't come out.

And yes, this game still kicks all manner of rear end. Though I'm still going through parts I've played before, it's still just as much fun.

brady
11-16-05, 11:15 AM
And then when a chainsaw guy takes 6 shotgun blasts to the face and is still coming, what then?

I suck because they made an impossibly unrealistic game?

"Here's 10 bullets, 30 guys, and it take 15 bullets to kill a single one. Have fun."

Great game design. :rolleyes2

Sorry superklye, I think your a great guy and all, but you must really suck at RE4. (gay)

superklye
11-16-05, 01:53 PM
No, it's not RE4, it's consoles in general. I just can't get used to the controls. I'll try out your strategy for just staying behind the house and taking them as they come, Sat.

But I've got LotR:TTT and that's keeping me plenty busy when I have time to play Cube