PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 launch thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

evilchris
11-17-05, 01:07 AM
So who's *definitely* getting their's Tuesday? My local Gamestop has their orders in and I am confirmed. They only got 18 total for over 200 preorders. Good job Microsoft. I was number 2, however, so am good to go. I got the Premium system and will be buying:

Wireless recharge kit
Quake 4
CoD 2
Kameo
PGR3
PD: Z
NFS: MW

That'll work for now. Can't wait.

msxyz
11-17-05, 08:23 AM
I'd say good job Gamestop.

After Microsoft announced pricing and shipping date back in August, a lot of shops managers knew that they would be lucky to get 30-40 at all. At the store where I preordered, in late august , they told me they were accepting 20 pre-orders unless they were getting from Microsoft the okay to increase unit allocations.

Many big retailers (like Gamestop or EB) already allowed pre-oredering way before any official announcement from Micrsoft and they even kept on after Microsft gave quite accurate production figures for the first months.

It's the same crap with videogames. Long before a release date is announced, many shops list them as "available for pre-order" along with improvised release dates.

BTW, I've ordered the core system, VGA cable, 1 mem unit, PGR3 and Kameo.

saturnotaku
11-17-05, 09:53 AM
I would have been getting mine Tuesday had I not cancelled my order. :o

Mr_LoL
11-17-05, 10:07 AM
I would have been getting mine Tuesday had I not cancelled my order. :o

Why did you cancel your order? Where you underwhelmed by the launch titles or was it DOA4's delay?

overheat
11-17-05, 10:24 AM
Im getting
Kameo
PGR3
and the play and charge kit

saturnotaku
11-17-05, 10:27 AM
Why did you cancel your order? Where you underwhelmed by the launch titles or was it DOA4's delay?

Lack of funds mainly, and it's just as well since I subsequently lost my job. I know I'll be getting one eventually, probably after the holidays.

Edit: A 360, I just got a new job. ;)

DJMONDY
11-17-05, 10:40 AM
Not getting mine till december 2nd, im in the UK :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Most you guys/gals must be pretty hyped now seen as youve only got 4 days to go.

If you can peel yourselves of the 360 when you get one post some pics for us UK gamers :)

AgentOtaku
11-17-05, 11:19 AM
I won't get an X360 till next year. After I get my tax return and buy my HDTV finally

The two are pretty symbiotic at this point. I have my 3 current gen consoles and a wealth of games being released to tide me over :D

.....though I'm dying to play PDZ and Condemned :(

GamerGuyX
11-17-05, 01:23 PM
I am getting the Premium 360 package from Blockbuster. I am number 1 on the 360 pre-order list and have already paid for it in full. I also have my copy of Condemned with me at my house right now. The reason I chose to get the 360 at Blockbuster is because my best friend's brother is the manager at Blockbuster. He can pull all sorts of tricks to make sure I get the 360 and whatever games I want on launch. I will definetely be gtting at least three more 360 games but there are so many good one's that I don't know what I'll choose yet.

evilchris
11-17-05, 01:25 PM
BTW, I've ordered the core system, VGA cable, 1 mem unit, PGR3 and Kameo.

Curious...why the core? The lack of HDD would be a deal breaker for me.

|MaguS|
11-17-05, 01:51 PM
If I walk into Wal-Mart and they have one without a stupid bundle I will pick it up but Im not going to go out and spend $550+ on alot of stupid games (I think most of the launch titles are lame) and accessories I could careless about.

I just want the system with Condemded and Need for Speed: MW (play it everyday at work, love it!).

msxyz
11-17-05, 02:39 PM
Curious...why the core? The lack of HDD would be a deal breaker for me.

I'm on a tight budget this time. Plus there are other considerations I made:

-Since I don't own an HD capable television, a VGA adapter (30€) was a must nevertheless.
-Playing behind a desk I don't really needed a cordless joypad.
-I already own an home theatre so any media remote functionality is not my top priority. I've also a PC hooked to the system for retrogaming and as a "jukebox".
-20Gb looks like a small amount of space for a next gen system. I didn't know at the time, but it turns that the space available is actually close to 13Gb since caches and backward compatibility takes about 7Gb of space. One more reason to wait and get a larger HD when they will be available
-I don't plan to play on Live, the happy days of careless nights spent over internet gaming are over for me, too little time :cry:

PS: The good side of the core system is that there won't be any shortages, no matter how late you pre-ordered :)

AgentOtaku
11-17-05, 02:49 PM
I'm on a tight budget this time. Plus there are other considerations I made:

-Since I don't own an HD capable television, a VGA adapter (30) was a must nevertheless.
-Playing behind a desk I don't really needed a cordless joypad.
-I already own an home theatre so any media remote functionality is not my top priority. I've also a PC hooked to the system for retrogaming and as a "jukebox".
-20Gb looks like a small amount of space for a next gen system. I didn't know at the time, but it turns that the space available is actually close to 13Gb since caches and backward compatibility takes about 7Gb of space. One more reason to wait and get a larger HD when they will be available
-I don't plan to play on Live, the happy days of careless nights spent over internet gaming are over for me, too little time :cry:

PS: The good side of the core system is that there won't be any shortages, no matter how late you pre-ordered :)

Holy Sh!t, you have a sound arguement there my friend

.....hell I might buy the core system (doubt it will be avaible next year though).
I don't care for wireless controllers, would rather buy a bigger HD down the road, don't plan on playing on live myself, dont need the media center remote because my system is just for gaming, etc.

evilchris
11-17-05, 02:52 PM
I think games will run better with the HDD cache. The makers of Oblivion stated they use the HDD extensively.

Also, the memory card is only 64MB. I have XBOX 1 saves that are 70MB alone.

PSYCHODAD
11-17-05, 03:09 PM
Circuit City has ads for on sale Friday 18th.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?c=1&oid=136791&cm_re=sub+marquee-_-Xbox+360%e2%84%a2&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&BV_SessionID=@@@@1005746773.1131939365@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddgelkkfdlcfngcfkmdffhdfli.0

saturnotaku
11-17-05, 04:54 PM
Can the core system have a hard drive added later as an upgrade? The hard drive would have made backwards compatibility good for me, but the only Xbox 1 games I'm interested in that are on that list are Halo and Halo 2, but I can still keep my original system for those.

I may be able to swing the core system right now as the DVD player and media capabilities aren't that important to me.

evilchris
11-17-05, 05:23 PM
Saturn don't forget the caching, it's a *huge* deal with regards to loading times and overall performance.

The game saves are another big deal. There will be games who's savefile won't even fit on the memory card.

msxyz
11-17-05, 05:28 PM
Can the core system have a hard drive added later as an upgrade? The hard drive would have made backwards compatibility good for me, but the only Xbox 1 games I'm interested in that are on that list are Halo and Halo 2, but I can still keep my original system for those.

I may be able to swing the core system right now as the DVD player and media capabilities aren't that important to me.
Yes you can; it will be on sale initially for 100$.

saturnotaku
11-17-05, 05:47 PM
Yes you can; it will be on sale initially for 100$.

This is good to know. That way I can get the console itself, then the hard drive later on.

Edge
11-17-05, 06:21 PM
I'd say it's not really worth getting the core at all. The premium includes way more stuff, and hell, even if you don't want the media remote, Live headset, HD cables, etc. you'd easily be able to sell them and bring the cost down to what the core+memory card would be. Plus, buying the core and a memory card now and then the HDD later would basically bring the cost up to $440 instead of $400, and you wouldn't get all the extra stuff with the Premium that you could sell off if you want. The way I see it is if you can't get enough money to buy the Premium at launch, wait and save up the money to get it later on instead of getting the Core.

Also, if you don't want the HD cables, I'm sure there would be plenty of Core owners who would be happy to exchange their SD cables with you (just ask people in line at the store you're camping out at ;))

brady
11-17-05, 08:55 PM
I'm planning on picking up one on Tuesday (midnight monday) at wal-mart. I don't think i'll have a problem just strolling in there...unless i'm sorely mistaken. :rolleyes:

Diamond_G
11-20-05, 04:11 AM
I'm planning on picking up one on Tuesday (midnight monday) at wal-mart. I don't think i'll have a problem just strolling in there...unless i'm sorely mistaken. :rolleyes:
From what I have been reading you better get there early... Lines could be quite long, depending on where you live.

Ruined
11-20-05, 04:32 AM
So who's *definitely* getting their's Tuesday? My local Gamestop has their orders in and I am confirmed. They only got 18 total for over 200 preorders. Good job Microsoft. I was number 2, however, so am good to go. I got the Premium system and will be buying:

Wireless recharge kit
Quake 4
CoD 2
Kameo
PGR3
NFS: MW

That'll work for now. Can't wait.

I preordered on May 25th... Gamestop near me received over 200 preorders, got in 30 - and I was #29! Definitely getting one, paid off. Already have CoD2, Kameo, PGR3, PDZ:LE, Condemned, wireless adapter. Probably will pickup Quake4 as well.

evilchris
11-21-05, 05:26 PM
Damn it's real tempting to sell. Ebay auctions for pre-orders sell at 600-700 for the Premium. If you launch an auction with one in hand ready to ship I bet 800 would be no sweat.

brady
11-21-05, 05:58 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I've called every Wal-Mart in my area (within 30mi/9 stores) and they are all already sold out. Guess my party is over. Oh well. By the way, I live in Richmond VA.