PDA

View Full Version : NVTray (NVIDIA Tray Tools)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

rewt
11-18-05, 06:27 AM
Hello all.

Well I thought with it being a Friday and all, this would be as good a time as any to release the first version of my NVTray utility for you guys to try it out. :-) This version includes the new version of NVTweak 2.0 as well, which is x64 compatible (NVTweak 1.7.1 for some reason didn't set tweaks properly on Windows x64). But since the main program name has changed I decided to create this new thread for it. I hope the mods don't mind.

If anyone is interested you can have a look http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/ for more info. I put a screenshot as well as a changelog on my homepage to show some of NVTray's new functions. Hope you enjoy it :)

Changes in NVTweak v2.0.2 / NVTray 1.0.3.4

- Added detection and display of GPU, Driver Build, DirectX Version(s), and NVIDIA's OpenGL Driver Date on NVTweak's main dialog
- Improved error-handling code; informs the user that, when a device driver is reinstalled reboot may be needed before attempting to modify driver settings
- Added a button to directly jump to registry key in the Windows registry editor (for advanced users only!)
- Additional options for OpenGL added;

* Conformant Clamp Behavior
* DXT3
* Multitexturing
* Texture Precaching

_______

* Ability to customize both OpenGL and Direct3D settings independently
* Optimizations customizable for OpenGL and Direct3D modes separately
* Supports many more Antialiasing modes than the default NVIDIA control panel
* AFR/AFR2/SFR/SLIAA SLI rendering modes supported
* Compatible with future drivers and the new NVIDIA Control Panel
* and much more!

- Added option to run NVTray minimized at Windows startup
- Added the ability to custom set (or mix & match) Coolbits modes, including;

* Additional Direct3D
* Clock Frequency (Overclocking) Settings
* Additional Direct3D, Clock Frequency (Overclocking) Settings
* SLI Profiles (AFR/SFR/AFR2/etc)
* and more!

- Uses tooltips to provide helpful information about each option
- Fixed issues where some boxes not being checked while enabled
- More advanced Windows tweaks added
- Control panel settings automatically updated, both in registry and on application
- Removed some redundant options that are now built into recent ForceWare sets
- Link to homepage no longer forces IE. Now makes use of default browser (i.e. Firefox, Opera) and tabbed browsing
- New convenient setup build using Inno Setup 5.1.5, with options for shortcuts
- Modified and included a End-User License Agreement with the utility

Electronic Punk
11-18-05, 06:31 AM
You have far too many icons on your desktop.

rewt
11-18-05, 06:35 AM
lol yeah I guess you're right :p

iyos
11-18-05, 06:51 AM
Handy application, thanks.

I have to agree with EP - you desktop looks awful ;) Longhorn theme? Ewwww.

rewt
11-18-05, 07:24 AM
You're welcome :)

Yeah that theme is from the Vista Transformation Pack 2.0. I install it mainly because of the new icons but I like some other look about it too. The wallpaper is Python from deviantart, but we can't see that too well in my screenshot.

wEEt
11-18-05, 08:03 AM
Oh, sorry for off-topic, but could you tell me where you got that skin from? Looks really really nice.

Electronic Punk
11-18-05, 08:54 AM

Yeah that theme is from the Vista Transformation Pack 2.0. I install it mainly because of the new icons but I like some other look about it too. The wallpaper is Python from deviantart, but we can't see that too well in my screenshot.

;)

OWA
11-18-05, 09:51 AM
Thanks rewt.

mobilenvidia
11-18-05, 11:22 AM
I see you still use 'Coolbits' = 1A, I would have thought 1B would have been a better option as mentioned elsewhere.
1B will enable additional D3 settings page as well, no big deal but it's there.

Nice to finally see it, and that desktop is a nightmare with all those icons, can't see the trees throught the forest. :D

Great work

saweetnesstrev
11-18-05, 01:57 PM
Rewt i love you man :D

eoLithic
11-18-05, 02:14 PM
Hello all.

Well I thought with it being a Friday and all, this would be as good a time as any to release the first version of my NVTray utility for you guys to try it out. :-) This version includes a new version of NVTweak as well, which is x64 compatible (NVTweak 1.7.1 for some reason didn't set tweaks properly on Windows x64). But since the main program name has changed I decided to create this new thread for it. I hope the mods don't mind.

If anyone is interested you can have a look http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/ for more info. I put a screenshot as well as a changelog on my homepage to show some of NVTray's new functions. Hope you enjoy it :)

Hey,

although i posted already on laptopvideo2go.com ill post here again but this time only in two simple words:

THANK YOU :P

rewt
11-18-05, 05:28 PM
I see you still use 'Coolbits' = 1A, I would have thought 1B would have been a better option as mentioned elsewhere.

Actually 1B can be selected with NVTweak's coolbits menu ;) Like so,

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6597/nvtweak2ej.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I put the option for 1A on the Hardware menu simply because that is the one NVIDIA recommends on slizone site. :)

And thanks as always for your suggestions.

iyos
11-18-05, 08:19 PM

Booo! Check the themes in my sig, they're for real developers ;D

</plug>

Nice app, used it more now - very cool.

rewt
11-18-05, 11:05 PM
Theres some nice work you have there iyos. :)

But from now on please no more about my desktop icons or themes as that isn't what this thread is about. I'd appreciate it if you would please keep your opinions, comments, questions, suggestions, etc. to the application only. Thanks all :)

P.S. - Small update to NVTray;

Changes in NVTray 1.0.3.0

- Opens NVIDIA application profiles in wordpad by default (instead of notepad.exe) which makes the file more legible and easier to quickly make modifications by hand

wEEt
11-19-05, 02:27 AM
Ok, installed it and I'm keeping it. Great work as usual, rewt ;)

rewt
11-19-05, 02:39 AM
Thanks bro :)

I also changed the images on my homepage as you guys' previous recommendations about all the desktop icons were well noted. ;) I basically just cropped some images showing antialiasing features and hardware modes and put them on there instead.

Also note that the program detects when SLI is enabled and shows "GeForce 6600GT in SLI". When SLI is disabled it just says "GeForce 6600GT". I thought that was a pretty nifty idea if I do say so myself ;) lol

eoLithic
11-19-05, 10:07 AM
thats great.

thanks again :)

mikedep333
11-19-05, 03:57 PM
Why the very restrictive licensing agreement? You planning on selling it at some point?

wEEt
11-19-05, 04:09 PM
Ehm, one question: When clicking on "NVIDIA Control Panel" I get the following Error Message:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9247/error8hl.jpg

I've currently installed FW 81.89.

Banko
11-19-05, 04:56 PM
This doesn't work with Windows 2000 does it? :(

rewt
11-19-05, 06:54 PM
Ehm, one question: When clicking on "NVIDIA Control Panel" I get the following Error Message:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9247/error8hl.jpg

I've currently installed FW 81.89.

wEEt, I've updated version 1.0.3.0 to reflect that this option is for the new NVIDIA control panel, which currently only exists in a couple of beta drivers we've tested over at Laptopvideo2go. Do you remember the thread where we posted images of it?

Banko, I'm not sure if it works with Win2000 because I haven't tested it myself, but my guess is that it will as long as you install the .NET Framework 2.0 first :) If you do decide to give it a try, I would appreciate if you let us all know how it turns out. Thank you.

P.S. Huge Thanks goes out to mikeC for posting my tool on the front page of nV News! I am honored my friend! :D

rewt
11-19-05, 07:08 PM
Why the very restrictive licensing agreement? You planning on selling it at some point?

No mikedep333, I'm not really planning on selling it. I just wasn't very happy with previous experiences when people took my NVTweak tool without permission and spread it all over the net like wildfire :-/

Clay
11-19-05, 07:59 PM
Great work as usual rewt! Thanks for sharing it here. :thumbsup:

mikedep333
11-19-05, 10:25 PM
No mikedep333, I'm not really planning on selling it. I just wasn't very happy with previous experiences when people took my NVTweak tool without permission and spread it all over the net like wildfire :-/

Wouldn't you want others hosting it? ;) It makes it more popular and saves you bandwidth.

walterman
11-19-05, 10:31 PM
Actually, i need to force AF 16x, Triple buffer, V-Sync On, & FSAA 4x4 for BloodRayne 2. If you can save profiles, i will be very happy :)