PDA

View Full Version : Crap! Problems...

Matete
11-18-05, 06:37 PM
Hi
I have a problem when installing drivers to my 6800. I have just installed a new mobo Asrock 939 dual sata2, with amd 3500+. I formatted the windows partition and reinstalled windows (twice). It works fine just until I install nvidia drivers for the graphics card.

Ive tried several versions of drivers but none seem to work because the computer reboots instantly during installation and wont start again unless I start it in VGA mode or safe mode.:thumbdwn:

I install the newest agp drivers from asrocks webpage before installing the graphic drivers. Perhaps this problem is something specific with the asrock mb but I cant find any info about this on the net. Any suggestions?

Thanks
/Matete

jAkUp
11-18-05, 06:42 PM
Which chipset is the motherboard? Ist hat an nforce4? If so try downloading the latest nforce drivers from Nvidia's site.

Also, you can install the driver manually. Extract the package, and update the driver from the .inf file through device manager :)

Matete
11-18-05, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the reply. The chipset is ULi M1695 and I tried just now to install the newest drivers from their site. Didnt work.

Also, perhaps I was unclear about it: I think the drivers get installed (kind of atleast) but the drivers seems to be incompatible with the comp so thats when the problem starts. I get a black and white screen and the comp reboots.

The mobo have both agp and pci express if that helps

/Matete

Peoples-Agent
11-18-05, 07:41 PM
Sure there aren't any jumpers or bios settings to specify AGP or PCI-e you may have missed somewhere?

Superfly
11-19-05, 03:39 AM
Sure there aren't any jumpers or bios settings to specify AGP or PCI-e you may have missed somewhere?

^^ good advice, I'd check that

Matete
11-19-05, 12:57 PM
I think it is fixed now. It seems the Asrock agp drivers was causing the problem. I installed ULis drivers instead and now it works. :)

Thanks for the help

/Matete