PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Headphones

supra
11-18-05, 11:40 PM
ello,

I want to buy some wireless/cordless headphones. But dont know
what to buy.

can anyone give me some suggestions on brands, specs, etc?

Went to alot of shops and all had brands I never heard of.

I would like some big beasty ones that cover your whole ear :D

123lanoix
11-21-05, 05:22 PM
Well i got a pair of seneheiser 497 HD's for 50 bucks and it out performs any speaker setup basically seneheiser is the best you can't go wrong
these headphones ROCK In BF2 you can hear everything footsteps and stuff and you pin point were its coming from its awesome

newegg sells em or you can just google senehieser headphones

supra
11-21-05, 09:49 PM
Well i got a pair of seneheiser 497 HD's for 50 bucks and it out performs any speaker setup basically seneheiser is the best you can't go wrong
these headphones ROCK In BF2 you can hear everything footsteps and stuff and you pin point were its coming from its awesome

newegg sells em or you can just google senehieser headphones

thanx! ill look into those :cool:

OWA
11-21-05, 10:48 PM
I have the Sennheiser HDR 45s and they seem pretty good. I also have 2 different Acoustic Research wireless headphones. The charge lasts a lot longer with the AR's (a lot longer than the stated spec) but the sound is better with the Sennheisers.

Elderblaze
11-22-05, 12:02 AM
Keep in mind the 497's are very uncomfortable. I'd go up a step to HD555, or posibly ATH-500.

Regards,
Mike

jAkUp
11-22-05, 01:23 AM
HD555's here... not wireless, but damn good :D

123lanoix
11-22-05, 03:46 PM
YEa they do get a lil uncomfortable if you don't have them perfectly on your ears like adjusted properly i got em cuz of cost they were alot cheaper than the 555's you can't go wrong with any of the senehieser models

497 's are on the low end and they sound Amazing ~!!! so if you wanted to go all out get the 555hds i tried them all out at the store
they are more comfortable but the kicker was for me was that the 555 didn't come with a mini jack for my sound card so unless you have platium audigy or something i guess go for just becarefuly you have the right jack on your soundcard to plug it in otherwise the 497 and the 515's i belive are the only ones that have the mini jack and the biger one together

jAkUp
11-22-05, 07:03 PM
Well the 555's I have include the adapter to plug into standard headphone jacks.

supra
11-22-05, 09:53 PM
soo looks like Sennheiser is a good brand ey? looks like im going to be getting a pair myself :D

LTech221
11-22-05, 11:05 PM
Yes they're good but theres also Grado, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, AKG, STAX... pretty much depends on your budget, what are u gonna use them for like what will be most preferred music movies or gaming? Those HD555's mentioned are great all around headphones and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them. If you can afford more then I would move the the HD595's. But if you need something closed (isolation) as in they wont leak sound out and limit the amount of sound coming from outside, then i guess that honor would go to the Audio Technica ATH-A900's.

Elderblaze
11-23-05, 02:34 AM
I use DT880's and a Headroom MicroAmp /w desktop module. It's my first hi-fi setup and im in heaven. 500 bucks well spent imo. I doubt I could buy 1500$ speakers that sound this good.

Regards,
Mike

p.s. most wireless phones really suck.

LTech221
11-23-05, 02:39 AM
Nice choice :D I was about to go that route with a different amp but my funds were cut short. So I ended up getting the Senn HD580's & a pimeta amp. But im playing with my new toy, some SHURE E4's right now :D And I agree with you there that most if not all wireless HP's are bad. Also a decent site to check out is www.headphone.com They will have pretty much all the headphone's you would want to choose from. Theres also the head-fi forums @ www.head-fi.org but be warned once u go there your wallet starts to get alot smaller :(

Elderblaze
11-23-05, 02:40 AM
Oddly enough I was going to get a very similiar setup (580/GoVibe) but decided to spend the extra cash. I doubt either one of us will be disapointed though :)