PDA

View Full Version : My Windows XP Internet Explorer

Blue Jay
08-11-02, 12:09 AM
this is weird, a little to weird.....

i just reformated my computer with Windows XP (which i did have before, just a clean up) and then went to windows update and got everything i needed.....then while using the net a box came up saying a needed java.....so i checked it to download and my XP said that it is unable to auto download java.....what the hell is that?? how can i get java on my explorer?? shouldn't it already have it?? it's Windows XP and it worked before.....don't understand this at all.....

thanks in advance,
Blue Jay

zippermcfrag
08-11-02, 12:21 AM
A friend of mine had that problem. He has to go to sun.com and download a WinXP compatible ver of Java

Blue Jay
08-11-02, 12:38 AM
thanks for the help zippermcfrag!!
:D :D :D

zippermcfrag
08-11-02, 12:49 AM
no problem

Blue Jay
08-11-02, 01:06 AM
you know why this was a problem?? i just found it really weird it wasn't built in.....

zippermcfrag
08-11-02, 02:44 AM
I was wondering that myself. You would think it would be built in.
Java has been around long enough.

netape
08-11-02, 04:56 AM
It will be in SP1 when it arrives...

The Baron
08-11-02, 12:29 PM
Yeah, there was a big thing about this... MS didn't include Java because they want to kill Java and replace it with its .NET crap.

So they didn't include Java support...

saturnotaku
08-11-02, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by =SSC=The Baron
Yeah, there was a big thing about this... MS didn't include Java because they want to kill Java and replace it with its .NET crap.

So they didn't include Java support...

This must be more recent because the reason M$ didn't include any sort of Java runtime in the original XP release was because Sun was going to sue them if they did. Doesn't matter too much to me because I use Sun's Java anyway. :cool: