PDA

View Full Version : NV Firewall is crashing

Cassius
11-19-05, 07:06 PM
Hi

i have been having trouble with my Nvidia firewall for some time now and after hammering away at it for some time including deleting it downloading the latest version and reinstalling from scratch im still having issues with the thing so i thought i would post here incase its a known issue before deleting it and installing a software firewall

the problem im having is when the system loads up the firewall works fine but at some point during the day it seems to crash. There is no way to notice unless you go into the control panel were i am presented with the message displayed in the attached picture. however as it protests i know the firewall is installed and a reboot will fix it

the problem is this crashing stops certain programs from accessing the net meaning i often have to reboot for the firewall

if anyone knows how to fix this it would be much aprechiated as otherwise im just gonna replace it with a software firewall

my system specs are

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester Core
Geforce 6800GT 256MB
1GB PC3200 DDR RAM
MSI K8N SLi Platinum Motherboard

newls1
11-19-05, 09:34 PM
Get rid of it. VERY well know issue....

TierMann
11-19-05, 09:43 PM
Happend to me here too. It would open and close ports at random so I just uninstalled it and went back to using windows firewall. Everything is fine now.

macatak
11-20-05, 12:03 AM
Did you try the 6.70 version ?, there seemed to be some improvements with them going by the feedback in the "6.70" thread

Cassius
11-20-05, 06:47 AM
yes im currently using the 6.70 version