PDA

View Full Version : F.e.a.r.

Pages : [1] 2

fasedww
11-20-05, 10:15 AM
I just got some BFG7800gtx's 512 meg cards in SLI, I got a PC Power and Cooling SLI power supply, When playing the game like maybe 10 minutes the computer will just shut off, never happen before when I had 2 7800gtx 256 megs in sli, Played quake four for half an hour no problem, But everytime play F.e.a.r. about 10 minutes computer just shuts off, Do you think there's not enough power from the power supply?:)

fasedww
11-20-05, 01:02 PM
I just got some BFG7800gtx's 512 meg cards in SLI, I got a PC Power and Cooling SLI power supply, When playing the game like maybe 10 minutes the computer will just shut off, never happen before when I had 2 7800gtx 256 megs in sli, Played quake four for half an hour no problem, But everytime play F.e.a.r. about 10 minutes computer just shuts off, Do you think there's not enough power from the power supply?:)
Well i just put 81.89 driver's in after a clean install using driver cleaner same thing play like 10 minutes boom computer shuts off what does this? have to be power issue won't it,?I mean game don't lock up or crash like it's driver or a bug in the game, just shuts computer off. Damn this pisses me off, never did that when I had two 7800gtx's 256 meg video cards:confused:

superklye
11-20-05, 01:07 PM
Maybe your CPU is overheating?

fasedww
11-20-05, 01:26 PM
Maybe your CPU is overheating?I have a dual 120mm radiator with to 120mm fans with a dangerden copper cpu block and a hydro ll35 pump no way, temps never get above 35C

fasedww
11-20-05, 02:39 PM
Well on my other hardrive I have win xp 64 bit pro, installed the game patched to 1.02 started a new game drivers 81.94 64 bit, same thing after about 10 minutes computer shuts off.How come quake 4 doesn't shut the computer down ut2004 etc.:confused:

jAkUp
11-20-05, 02:43 PM
Its your PSU/motherboard. BTW, have you tried the latest BIOS for your mobo? Maybe it is a Power Management issue.

You are the third person I have seen with that paticular powersupply, that motherboard, and high end graphics card have their system shut off after playing games.

My buddy Lee had that same problem. I witnessed it. I tried his same PSU in my system, and never had the problem, yet his would just shut off. As a matter of fact, I bought his old PSU off him. He bought a new Seasonic PSU and it never happened again.

Then about a week ago, Scott@Bjorn3d was having the same problem with his system shutting off, he has that same motherboard, and powersupply. He bought a new Antec powersupply, and it never did it again.

I think it is a strange problem with that Asus board and the PC Power and Cooling powersupply.

fasedww
11-20-05, 02:55 PM
Its your PSU/motherboard. BTW, have you tried the latest BIOS for your mobo? Maybe it is a Power Management issue.

You are the third person I have seen with that paticular powersupply, that motherboard, and high end graphics card have their system shut off after playing games.

My buddy Lee had that same problem. I witnessed it. I tried his same PSU in my system, and never had the problem, yet his would just shut off. As a matter of fact, I bought his old PSU off him. He bought a new Seasonic PSU and it never happened again.

Then about a week ago, Scott@Bjorn3d was having the same problem with his system shutting off, he has that same motherboard, and powersupply. He bought a new Antec powersupply, and it never did it again.

I think it is a strange problem with that Asus board and the PC Power and Cooling powersupply.
Thanks for the info, I got another pc power and cooling in my closet but it's not the Sli version probally should try it you think?:)

jAkUp
11-20-05, 02:56 PM
Yea give it a shot.... I dunno if the problem is the SLI version, or just PC Power and Cooling in general. Both Lee and Scott had the SLI version, so maybe thats the problem :)

fasedww
11-20-05, 03:42 PM
Well i just ordered a OCZ600ADJSLI ATX 12V 2.01 EPS12V 600 watt power supply:D I'm going to sell this PC power and cooling supply It's not that old since june of this year

MrSavoy
11-20-05, 03:46 PM
Wow dude I', sorry to hear your having that problem. That PS is rated real high overall. suprised this issue is cropping up. Hopefully it will be solved when you get your new PS. :)

fasedww
11-20-05, 03:54 PM
Wow dude I', sorry to hear your having that problem. That PS is rated real high overall. suprised this issue is cropping up. Hopefully it will be solved when you get your new PS. :)Yeah really excited on these new cards and blam some damn problem with the power.

fasedww
11-26-05, 08:25 AM
Put a OCZ Powerstream ADJSLI 600 watt same damn thing, after about 5-10 min. of fear, bam computer shuts off. I ordered a DFI NF4 SLI Expert motherboard, I'm trying to update the bios but can't get in to ASus downloads. I have basically disconnected lots of stuff in my computer as to see if power is really it, but it will still do it. I mean this power supply has two rails 20 amp 18 amp, can't be insufficient power. I'll be back later, got to do this bios update if I can get it.:(

zoomy942
11-26-05, 10:11 AM
how are your temps of you GPU's after those 10 minuteS?

fasedww
11-26-05, 10:37 AM
how are your temps of you GPU's after those 10 minuteS?I have two 80mm fans on the side one down right by the two video cards and, unplugged all fans except the ones, two 120mm on my raidator for the cpu cooling,. I have one hardrive and one dvdrom and 2gigs of memory 2 1 gigs, and brand new OCZ PowerstremADJSLI 600watt power supply, went around 10-12 minutes shuts off. I'm exhausted trying to figure this out so I'm going to put that new DFI Expert in when I get it. Also I updated to bios A8NSP009 no help'

Elvin Presler
11-26-05, 12:14 PM
I had the same(?) problem with FEAR. 5 - 10 minutes then a dead, black screen (like the video card crashed/locked) requiring power down.

I think it's a game problem. It just went away by itself for me...must have to with some specific combination of in game settings.

ynnek
11-26-05, 12:22 PM
check the event logs.. Windows is sometimes set to immediatly reboot when it blue screens.

Also, probably won't hurt to check your temps.. Dust and stuff can cause surprisingly high temps/.

fasedww
11-26-05, 12:41 PM
I had the same(?) problem with FEAR. 5 - 10 minutes then a dead, black screen (like the video card crashed/locked) requiring power down.

I think it's a game problem. It just went away by itself for me...must have to with some specific combination of in game settings.reqiuring powerdown it does it itself just shuts off like power plug was pulled:(

fasedww
11-26-05, 12:43 PM
check the event logs.. Windows is sometimes set to immediatly reboot when it blue screens.

Also, probably won't hurt to check your temps.. Dust and stuff can cause surprisingly high temps/.I clean my system regulary temps are really pretty cool as of writg this cpu is 30c motherboard 31c video cards at 42c 42c I have a 80mm fan blowing right at them on the side with a filter on the outside I don't get alot of dust and still do a regular clean and change of filters like once a week. I'm still going to change to the dfi expert when I get it next week. Right know I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my overclock back, I got something wrong, I went from the 004 bios to the 009 still no luck.

Sazar
11-26-05, 12:55 PM
Maybe your processor is a little under the weather?

You are, after all, oc'ing it.

The possibility does exist.

fasedww
11-26-05, 01:08 PM
Maybe your processor is a little under the weather?

You are, after all, oc'ing it.

The possibility does exist.Yeah I know but not at this moment:(

FraGTastiK
11-26-05, 01:32 PM
Put a OCZ Powerstream ADJSLI 600 watt same damn thing, after about 5-10 min. of fear, bam computer shuts off. I ordered a DFI NF4 SLI Expert motherboard, I'm trying to update the bios but can't get in to ASus downloads. I have basically disconnected lots of stuff in my computer as to see if power is really it, but it will still do it. I mean this power supply has two rails 20 amp 18 amp, can't be insufficient power. I'll be back later, got to do this bios update if I can get it. :(

Same thing happening here.I got the non SLI version of OhCrapZ 600W with 20+18 amp on +12V rail.this thing shuts itself off like a wuss when PC is rendering a graphically heavy scene.no wonder why nVIDIA kicked OCZ out of their certified PSU list.
www.slizone.com/object/slizone_build.html 25 Nov 2005

It seems that OCZ 600W craps out when used to power a DualCore CPU and heavy SLI action.its said that single rail 12V line works better with DualCore CPUs.I also tried the OCZ 520W,the 3.3V took a deep stall under the allowed +/-5(or 4)% range hence system hangs under load. no wussy shut offs though.

your PCPC 510 SLI should've worked fine unless its the ASUS/PCPC/GTX512MB issue like jAkUp said.

I'm thinking along the lines of SilverStone650W,I guess the crossloading wont be an issue for me I got many 5V consumer devices already plugged and can plug some more if needed.

you should be fine with PCPC 510SLI and DFI-SLI DR Expert though,please report back if things went smoothly for you.

fasedww
11-26-05, 01:39 PM
Same thing happening here.I got the non SLI version of OhCrapZ 600W with 20+18 amp on +12V rail.this thing shuts itself off like a wuss when PC is rendering a graphically heavy scene.no wonder why nVIDIA kicked OCZ out of their certified PSU list.

It seems that OCZ 600W craps out when used to power a DualCore CPU and heavy SLI action.its said that single rail 12V line works better with DualCore CPUs.I also tried the OCZ 520W,the 3.3V took a deep stall under the allowed +/-5(or 4)% range hence system hangs under load. no wussy shut offs though.

your PCPC 510 SLI should've worked fine unless its the ASUS/PCPC/GTX512MB issue like jAkUp said.

I'm thinking along the lines of SilverStone650W,I guess the crossloading wont be an issue for me I got many 5V consumer devices already plugged and can plug some more if needed.

you should be fine with PCPC 510SLI and DFI-SLI DR Expert though,please report back if it things went smoothly.
Sold the pcpc 510 sli, Also I have the OCZ 600 Wat adj SLI Version, Think I should get a different power supply for the DFI Expert. I just played half life coast alot longer and finished it taking my time no shut off. same thing with quake 4 no shutt off. I'm getting really tired of it all.:(I like to play fear didn't happen when I had two 256 megs 7800gtxOC though.

FraGTastiK
11-26-05, 01:46 PM
yea sometimes it works fine but I have a save point in both Q4 and SC:CT that makes the PSU shut off every single time.both scenes are using alot of bright shining lights (HDR in SC:CT and a big hall with beautiful blue light scattering all over the place in Q4)

fasedww
11-26-05, 02:14 PM
yea sometimes it works fine but I have a save point in both Q4 and SC:CT that makes the PSU shut off every single time.both scenes are using alot of bright shining lights (HDR in SC:CT and a big hall with beautiful blue light scattering all over the place in Q4)well on got it in the bios set for 10% overclock running at 2.64 MHZ. but 220 ht. I'm just going to leave alone. I'm still going to try this power supply on that DFI Expert if it shuts off I'm getting that silverstone you said.:(

fasedww
11-26-05, 02:23 PM

you should be fine with PCPC 510SLI and DFI-SLI DR Expert though,please report back if things went smoothly for you.
I was reading about minium 5 volt etc. What uses those rails as if I get it I would like to know so don't get the crossloading:)