PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe Help Please

Digital_Trans
11-21-05, 01:22 PM
I'm trying to update the bios on my Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard.
Only, I need some help in doing it. I formatted a floopy and then tryed
copying the AFUDOS utility with the new bios file to the floppy disc. Only
the A Drive said it was to full to hold anymore content. Maybe I'm not creating an MS-DOS bootup disc correctly. Would someone that knows what there doing please tell me how to setup these files correctly so that I may successfully update my bios please??? I don't know if I need to rename the bios file or if it's fine the way it is. Also, Please tell me how to format an MS-DOS startup disc IN Windows XP in conjunction with what command I should type when prompted for the bios update. On a final note the Asus bios I contains two files 1.) AFUDOS 2.) 5N320209.ROM
The Readme.txt says this bios update adds better support for the followig.

P5ND2-SLI Deluxe BIOS 0209

1. Support dual chip VGA for slot PCIEX16_2.
2. Add Memory information at BIOS POST.

Thank you! :D for all your help!

jAkUp
11-21-05, 01:34 PM
How big is teh afudos file?

head over to www.bootdisk.com
download the dos bootup disk, grab a blank floppy and run the downloaded file.

Get another disk and put afudos and the .rom file on it.
Boot to the dos bootup disk.

Digital_Trans
11-21-05, 02:11 PM
How big is teh afudos file?

head over to www.bootdisk.com
download the dos bootup disk, grab a blank floppy and run the downloaded file.

Get another disk and put afudos and the .rom file on it.
Boot to the dos bootup disk.

The afudoas file size is 37.4 KB

Once at the website, which do I choose?

I see Windows XP 6 Disk Setup Set?

XP Home/Pro Original/SP1/SP2?

XP Quick Boot Diskette Files | Read.1st?

Shouldn't I choose XP Quick Boot Diskette Files | Read.1st?

CrazyIvan
11-21-05, 02:48 PM
I'm trying to update the bios on my Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard.
Only, I need some help in doing it. I formatted a floopy and then tryed
copying the AFUDOS utility with the new bios file to the floppy disc. Only
the A Drive said it was to full to hold anymore content. Maybe I'm not creating an MS-DOS bootup disc correctly. Would someone that knows what there doing please tell me how to setup these files correctly so that I may successfully update my bios please??? I don't know if I need to rename the bios file or if it's fine the way it is. Also, Please tell me how to format an MS-DOS startup disc IN Windows XP in conjunction with what command I should type when prompted for the bios update. On a final note the Asus bios I contains two files 1.) AFUDOS 2.) 5N320209.ROM
The Readme.txt says this bios update adds better support for the followig.

P5ND2-SLI Deluxe BIOS 0209

1. Support dual chip VGA for slot PCIEX16_2.
2. Add Memory information at BIOS POST.

Thank you! :D for all your help!

Don't know if this also works for your mobo, copy the biosfile to a floppy disk (and only that file), reboot and press alt + f2 during bootup. An automated bios update should follow.

jAkUp
11-21-05, 03:36 PM
The afudoas file size is 37.4 KB

Once at the website, which do I choose?

I see Windows XP 6 Disk Setup Set?

XP Home/Pro Original/SP1/SP2?

XP Quick Boot Diskette Files | Read.1st?

Shouldn't I choose XP Quick Boot Diskette Files | Read.1st?

This is the bootdisk you want:
http://download.sudhian.com/faq/kt7/downloads/Misc/drdflash.exe

Its the driver free bootdisk.

Lars
11-21-05, 03:53 PM
On the Asus support forum, they're warning that the 0209 bios is NOT for the P5N32-SLI but the older P5ND2-SLI. Quite a few people in there reporting dead boards after trying to flash to bios ver. 0209. I'd stick with the shipping bios, or rather I am sticking with it.

Digital_Trans
11-22-05, 01:23 AM
On the Asus support forum, they're warning that the 0209 bios is NOT for the P5N32-SLI but the older P5ND2-SLI. Quite a few people in there reporting dead boards after trying to flash to bios ver. 0209. I'd stick with the shipping bios, or rather I am sticking with it.

I see what you mean and thanks for the warning. When you go to the search for your board model and make on the Asus website it lists two of the same kinds of P5N32-SLI Deluxe. Asus should have corrected this problem. Man, I 'm glad you told me. Thank you so much bro! :D

Lars
11-22-05, 01:53 AM
I see what you mean and thanks for the warning. When you go to the search for your board model and make on the Asus website it lists two of the same kinds of P5N32-SLI Deluxe. Asus should have corrected this problem. Man, I 'm glad you told me. Thank you so much bro! :D

No problem ;)

Digital_Trans
11-22-05, 03:37 AM
No problem ;)

Would you please post the url link to the Asus tech forum?
I've never seen that section of their website. Thank you! :)

Lars
11-22-05, 05:15 AM
Would you please post the url link to the Asus tech forum?
I've never seen that section of their website. Thank you! :)

This should get you there http://vip.asus.com/forum/bbs.aspx?board_id=1&SLanguage=en-us

Digital_Trans
11-22-05, 11:06 AM
This should get you there http://vip.asus.com/forum/bbs.aspx?board_id=1&SLanguage=en-us

Thanks! ;)

Lars
11-22-05, 11:48 AM
Again, you're welcome.

I've just managed to get the board stable @ 268 Mhz fsb by bumping all voltages on NB, SB and chipset. That means I'm running the cpu @ 5.1 Ghz now. Pretty sweet. The board is definetely better than it's predecessor.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=52175

Benches will follow. Now I've gotta eat. :D