PDA

View Full Version : Razer Copperhead blues....

Strahd
11-21-05, 01:01 PM
Well I bought this mouse and I have to say, this mouse has given me nothing but problems. First the driver would NOT recognize the mouse was plugged in. So I started plugging it into every USB port I had and the driver finally found the mouse. I installed the new driver, updated the firmware and everything was working out just fine.

I unplugged my rig and placed it in my garage because I had painters come in to paint the inside of my house. When they were done, I moved my rig back into office, plugged it in, and guess what? NO mouse.

The mouse won't move and the driver doesn't recognize the mouse is there. I uninstalled the driver, reinstalled, moved the mouse and all that for nothing. Still no mouse.

I'm so frustrated with this mouse, all I can say at this point is it sucks.......:thumbdwn:

Back to my MX-510:mad:

jAkUp
11-21-05, 01:02 PM
Which firmware are you using?

Riptide
11-21-05, 01:05 PM
I went back to the 510. The copperhead... I dunno about it. The feel of the mouse just seems like junk to me. The 510 has a nicer click action and fits my hand much better. The buttons on the copperhead feel cheap to me. It's not well supported under XP64 edition (my OS) and that's also a strike against it for me.

I think if you have larger hands the copperhead might feel better. I had problems getting a good feel on the buttons. My fingers seemed a bit short for it whereas the 5xx series mice allow me to get my hand around the entire mouse which feels much more comfortable to me.

That said a LOT of people are in love with this mouse. So YMMV. :D

nemecb
11-21-05, 02:40 PM
The MX510 and Copperhead are very different mice. The former is designed for people who like their mouse to sit further back in their palm, while the latter is for people who like it more out toward their fingertips. I just got a Diamondback coming from an MX 700 (both are similar to the ones in question here) and I absolutely love it, enough to give up wireless even. It really does depend on personal preference - I don't think either mouse is better than the other, just different.

Then again that doesn't seem to be the issue here. It sounds like more of a driver problem.

ViN86
11-21-05, 03:09 PM
did you try razerzone.com and their online real-time support? its amazing. ive used it a few times and theyre always helpful.

also, i didnt think my diamondback was being recognized by my drivers because under the mouse tab in device manager, there was "HID compliant mouse". but, it was recognized by the driver and appears under the "Human Interface Devices" as "Razer Diamondback"

Strahd
11-21-05, 03:25 PM
Which firmware are you using?

I'm using the same driver/version as on razerzone.com's website. I can't verify that because the driver doesn't recognize the mouse and it says NA.

Under mouse it does say HID compliant mouse. With the driver loaded and the mouse not working, it says Razer Copperhead. When I do get the mouse to work, it doesn't say Razer Copperhead anywhere under HID. The cursor is way to sensitive, the driver says it can't find the mouse, and I can't save any changes to it.:banghead:

nVidi0t
11-21-05, 03:45 PM
I had some trouble installing mine too man.. I installed the newest firmware and it worked fine, but it took me a good couple of hours to get it to operate correctly. Sorry it isn't working out for you.

About the feel of it, your either a Razer guy, or not. Give it a couple of weeks and see if you get used to it. It IMMEDIATELY improved my game but until recently I was using my good ol Boomslang 2k which has a similiar grip style.

Strahd
11-21-05, 05:32 PM
I can't get used to it because I can't set it up. The driver doesn't recongnize it so I can't program it :(

This really blows