PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell 4 brings a new feature that changes the game...

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
11-21-05, 10:14 PM
http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/1270/1878/

The fourth game in the series will feature a host of new environments, moves, weapons and gadgets, as well as a new gameplay feature that is said to change the whole game, but details on this are currently under wraps. "At this early stage we don't want to reveal too much, but this new Splinter Cell is bringing an obvious but as yet unexploited aspect to the genre. We sometimes wonder how come nobody thought about it before," said creative director Daniel Berube.

An obvious, yet unexploited aspect? Any guesses?

Mr. Hunt
11-21-05, 10:21 PM
Hmmm.... nope :\. Can't think of anything.

All I know is I better get coop action, because I can't stand Spy vs Merc (but they BETTER update the SvM engine too :\).

RAY16
11-21-05, 11:16 PM
I second the desire for more Co-Op rockage. I like Spy Vs Merc, but I don't like the people that play SvM, and that results in my never playing SvM.

Oh yes, and I can't think of anything, either.

Mr. Hunt
11-21-05, 11:22 PM
I second the desire for more Co-Op rockage. I like Spy Vs Merc, but I don't like the people that play SvM, and that results in my never playing SvM.

Oh yes, and I can't think of anything, either.

Yeah... I liked SvM when I played somebody of equal skill... but there were some people who only played it and had these awesome teammates and used certain exploits just to win... got tired of it and quit... the Coop was extremely fun though, just way too short.

nVidi0t
11-21-05, 11:25 PM
Vehicles? :confused:

superklye
11-21-05, 11:27 PM
That's my guess. Sweet. I can't wait. I absolutely love the SC games.

Mr. Hunt
11-21-05, 11:28 PM

Don't make me kill myself... vehicles in games are starting to drive me nuts... don't put them in SC4... that would completely kill me :(.

RAY16
11-21-05, 11:37 PM
When I think of stealth gaming, I don't think of Vehicles at all. I seriously doubt they'd put any vehicles into the game.

Roliath
11-21-05, 11:40 PM
maybe an open environment??
Like GTA kind of?

RAY16
11-21-05, 11:54 PM
They might try and make it kind of like Hitman. Maybe when you knock somebody out you can take their clothes and be sneaky like that instead of constantly sneaking around in that suit.

Vagrant Zero
11-22-05, 12:01 AM
I bet the new gameplay thingie is some item that allows you to transform into Solid Snake and gun down an entire army on your own.

Fuku2
11-22-05, 12:18 AM
I think you will be able to grab people's goodies and hold them hostage. What do you think about that nutcrackr? :)

Smokey
11-22-05, 12:29 AM
I think its that you end up going after the people that you work for, no longer working for the agency :)

Acid Rain
11-22-05, 01:22 AM
http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/1270/1878/

An obvious, yet unexploited aspect? Any guesses?Simulated panic. Your controls stop responding in tense situations. Revolutionary!!! It'll turn the gaming world on it's ear!!! :D

Perhaps it will be possible to talk your way into potential comradery with your opponents? Hell, I have no clue.

jolle
11-22-05, 02:43 AM
Ability to order coffee online with a console command..

DCult
11-22-05, 07:13 AM
Ability to order coffee online with a console command..

:D Ha,ha. That's a good one!

Another:

Immobilizing women characters in the game and having ahem... fun with them while they are unconscious. :p

Oh, my god. I am going to jail for having said that?

Marcos
11-22-05, 09:56 AM
I bet the new gameplay thingie is some item that allows you to transform into Solid Snake and gun down an entire army on your own.

nice

MrSavoy
11-22-05, 10:29 AM
:D Ha,ha. That's a good one!

Another:

Immobilizing women characters in the game and having ahem... fun with them while they are unconscious. :p

Oh, my god. I am going to jail for having said that?

^^
:firedevil

Knot3D
11-22-05, 10:34 AM
EA has infected Sam's brains

seriously : SC as a franchise has just gone down the drains. :thumbdwn:

jAkUp
11-22-05, 11:12 AM
No way! Chaos theory is easily the best in the series.

OWA
11-22-05, 11:15 AM
Yeah, same here. I thought SCCT was the best one yet.

Edge
11-22-05, 01:45 PM
If the new feature is the ability to somehow visualize smells in order to tell where an enemy has been, then let it be known that they stole my idea :p

jAkUp
11-22-05, 01:46 PM
hmmmm.. visualize smells... interesting..

DCult
11-22-05, 03:02 PM
hmmmm.. visualize smells... interesting..

Yes ... Or smell the display... or better ... hear it :eek:

acrh2
11-22-05, 03:35 PM
This is just a hype ploy.
In other words, this is all BS.