PDA

View Full Version : is my mobo dead???

123lanoix
11-22-05, 01:39 AM
OK
i got some ram today 2gigs patriot ddr400 pc3200 i was seeing if it could do cas 2 so i setup in my bios reboot itdidn't post so i reset the cmos open the cas now when i push power i get nothing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING let it wasn't plug in but it is

anyways i switched out the ram nothing ive try resetting the POwer jumper on the board ive try resetting the cmos removing the batter
IS IT POSSIBLE THE MOtherboard is DEAD?????? what is going on with it
its a soyo p4vte
and also if i get a new motherboard will my other parts work in it ?

also my case is brand new so the switch is good in the case

Infinity666
11-22-05, 10:40 PM
Sounds like a power supply problem. Do fans turn on lights blink anything? If you can you should try and use a firends psu or put yours into their comp.

LBJM
11-22-05, 11:17 PM
try a different power supply

123lanoix
12-05-05, 05:58 PM
i fixed the problem the motherboard and psu were dead
the motherboard was fired i got a new psu same thing happened then i got a new psu it was DOA outta the box went to store returned it got one that worked now i got a much faster intel 865PE chipset running 2 gigs dual channel its like night and day so iam kinda glad this happened :)(xmasgrin)

mx125race
12-05-05, 07:21 PM
i fixed the problem the motherboard and psu were dead
the motherboard was fired i got a new psu same thing happened then i got a new psu it was DOA outta the box went to store returned it got one that worked now i got a much faster intel 865PE chipset running 2 gigs dual channel its like night and day so iam kinda glad this happened :)(xmasgrin)

good job, glad you fixed it