PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Prophecy

zoomy942
11-22-05, 06:25 AM
Okay, so i have been playing this game the last few days and all i can say is WOW. this games design is unlike anything i have ever seen. the way the puzzles are setup and the minigames during the action sequences are intense. and i love the art direction and format of the game. sometimes it has that old-film reel look, other times there are 2 windows with different angles. and the music is amazing. i cant stop playing it:)

Yuet
11-22-05, 09:06 AM
It's a good game with a very good concept. I got the xbox version when it came out, wish it support subtitles since English is not my first language and I have problem with the conversation 'gameplay' in the game.

zoomy942
11-22-05, 09:07 AM
yeah, i have been playing the pc version and i am still amazed and how non-mainstream this game is. its amazing when a game with a different setup can totally catch you off gaurd

Gaco
11-22-05, 09:15 AM
Yeah it's great. If you've started this thread 2 months back I would probably had been more than eager to discuss this game, but after so long time, I just don't feel like it anymore.

Shortly, it's one of the best games I played in 2005, and I absolutely loved it :)

CrazyIvan
11-22-05, 09:19 AM
It was a very good game, but a concept like this only works as long as the story remains interesting, and the last 1/2 - 1 hour was a disappointment storywise imho.

Pafet
11-23-05, 05:03 PM
I'm with you on that Ivan. It got too wierd on me in the end so I just concetrated on the unique "gameplay"

Smokey
11-23-05, 05:51 PM
Looks kind of ugly from the screens, which is a little off putting for me, does the gameplay really make up for it, and is this a console port to pc? Any chance of some high quality screens?

zoomy942
11-23-05, 06:23 PM
hmm, ill figure out how to take screen shots. in those online pics, i dont think they went nuts wth the advanced video settings. hell, this game even has an SLI profile:). and yeah, the gameplay WAY makes up for it.

Smokey
11-23-05, 06:38 PM
All I can say is that there are too many games out or coming out that I want to play :p

Still on FEAR, Q4 and NFS:MW, awaiting R6:4 and Ghost Recon3, and now this game, which but the sounds of things, isnt too ugly, is something I would enjoy.

Can you not just use fraps for the screens?

Also zoomy, how are you getting on with your dual GTs? Im thinking of upgrading a few months before expect, but is really worth it, as I will have to upgrade from my low quality PSU also, which will equate to throwing done another €500 ontop of what I just spend on upgrading :)

zoomy942
11-23-05, 06:44 PM
this game will make you stop playing other gamnes. the story is so damn immersive. i have alineup i am playing too, but this game has me. i'll mess around with fraps but i havent used it since back in the old days:)

and with the 2 gt's. man o man, its something else. my gts laugh at me cause i play at 1280x1024 and it doesnt matter what settings i turn on in a game, they just keep on trucking. i was kinda satisfied with one gt, but once i got 2, i am reminded why i am in love with technology so much.

besides the $150 i spent to Dynomat my car, having 2 gts was some of the best money i ever spent

Gaco
11-24-05, 11:18 AM
Fahrenheit ugly graphics? No way man, I think the models are charmingly well made and the environment is ok. Seriously, the graphics didn't bother me at all, it was not spectacular either, it was just there, not being the keyelement (which is good for a change IMO - that's coming from me being a graphics*****). It ran perfect in 1600*1200 4XAA and some Anisotropic too I think. I was more immersed by this game than any other this year with the possible exception of F.E.A.R. in the final couple of maps :)

Yuet
11-24-05, 05:48 PM
Fahrenheit ugly graphics? No way man, I think the models are charmingly well made and the environment is ok. Seriously, the graphics didn't bother me at all, it was not spectacular either, it was just there, not being the keyelement (which is good for a change IMO - that's coming from me being a graphics*****). It ran perfect in 1600*1200 4XAA and some Anisotropic too I think. I was more immersed by this game than any other this year with the possible exception of F.E.A.R. in the final couple of maps :)

I only have the Xbox version and it does looks ugly :o

SH64
11-25-05, 03:53 AM
I just got it today!

zoomy942
11-25-05, 09:12 AM
well, we wont see you around the forums for a few days:) enjoy!