PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Mx/mx 400!!!help!help!

Goda
11-22-05, 09:30 AM
I have bought a second hand computer and got a gf2 mx/mx with it...Now i can not play newer games like far cry or NFS underground2!Problem is that my friend that sold me that computer was playing these games before...Configuratin is:1100 mhz,320mb ram,20 gb hdd and 64mb gf2 mx/mx 400,os xp professional!
I have tryed with latest version of drivers for that card but it doesnt work!I am pretty new in instaling drivers and actions like this so I would appriciate any suggetions!
Thank you!!

saturnotaku
11-22-05, 09:37 AM
You have to be more specific about the problems you're having. Are the games crashing or (more likely) not running at all?

Goda
11-22-05, 11:14 AM
For example,NFS2 underground-gamsxe starts but the picture is very slow!Far cry-when level loading ends my computer restarts or my screen is blue with white letters saying something about turrning of shadowing in bios and etc..i do not have options like shadowing in bios...Some older games like Colin Mcrae Rally2 work fine...

Gentle
11-22-05, 09:12 PM
Is this the AGP or PCI version of the card?

If it is the AGP version, you may need to load a motherboard GART driver for the AGP bus to work properly.

Gentle

j0j081
11-23-05, 04:31 AM
You say your friend was playing them before on the same computer? Maybe he swapped out whatever video card he was using before selling it to you...

Goda
11-23-05, 06:02 AM
Can someone describe me procedure after formating system disc if i want to install windows xp professinal and GF2 mx/mx 400 graphic card?What should i do to make my computer work properly?
What about installing older versions of drivers?
Thank you all!