PDA

View Full Version : STALKER MP Beta Leaked (Screenshots)

Pages : [1] 2

macatak
11-22-05, 04:28 PM
http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174301#174301

No links of course :)

Daydre@m
11-22-05, 04:31 PM
Yet another leak :eek: , stalker will never make it to the retail I guess :( .

P.S. : That reminds me I almost forgot about this game :p

Banko
11-22-05, 04:33 PM
Pretty good, too bad the leak came without the DX9 renderer =[

jAkUp
11-22-05, 04:33 PM
lol your kidding.

There was an interview in PCGamer with the devs of stalker, they said they are still committed to this game. Just the large scope has taken way longer than they expecte.

Edge
11-22-05, 04:41 PM
Well, at least we know it's still being worked on since we can actually PLAY the game. Now if only someone would leak Duke Nukem Forever ;)

Edit: Oh, and Digital Wanderer posted in that thread. Jeez, I haven't seen one of his posts in a long time...someone should invite him to come back :D

Banko
11-22-05, 04:42 PM
Actually I have a feeling these leaks are done by the devs themselves just so people know there is actual progress :p

nutcrackr
11-22-05, 04:46 PM
It's a lot more complete than I expected but it's still got problems. For some reason walking up stairs or ladders is a challenge and it's very annoying. On stairs you get stuck and pushed back, similar to ladders. It runs like a dream though, hundreds of fps. I guess it would though because I see next to no normal mapping and the player shadows suck a bit. I'm sure that most of those settings are off or low though so I have high hopes it will look good.

Daydre@m
11-22-05, 06:00 PM
lol your kidding.

There was an interview in PCGamer with the devs of stalker, they said they are still committed to this game. Just the large scope has taken way longer than they expecte.

Same way Valve said about Half Life 2 and ID about Doom 3 :p . Well i would really love to play that game myself too :) . Actually i really loved the trailers and was excited about it at start but then the delays really made it take out the "Next Gen Graphics" amazement factor as more advanced games came out . :(

Well, at least we know it's still being worked on since we can actually PLAY the game. Now if only someone would leak Duke Nukem Forever .

LOL :rofl , the name of that game itself is a joke !

aAv7
11-22-05, 07:14 PM
lol your kidding.

I too read this interview thanks to my handy subscrip. cuz I'm such a geek. heh :o

SH64
11-22-05, 08:35 PM
http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174301#174301

No links of course :)

'cpt in PMs :p .. j/k

the shots look nice :cool: weapon models are still lacking though.

Zeta
11-22-05, 08:54 PM
Why do I have Half-life 2 dejavu when I hear about this game? By the time is comes out it will be meh...

SH64
11-22-05, 08:56 PM
Why do I have Half-life 2 dejavu when I hear about this game? By the time is comes out it will be meh...

Hmm HL2 came out late but was not "meh".

CaptNKILL
11-22-05, 09:31 PM
Its snowing a lot here... if it was warmer we'd be having a torrential downpour... :o

aAv7
11-22-05, 09:39 PM
:: reads dx8 only :: :: leaves quickly ::

MustangSVT
11-22-05, 11:50 PM
I don't have anything against the game being delayed this much, I just hope it lives up to its name just like HL2.

To me HL2 wasn't just "meh". In my opinion and just like most of friends thought, it's pretty much the best FPS to come around since the original Doom and the original Half-Life. The variation in the gameplay was just super impressive, the atmosphere was amazing, the music was amazing, the graphics were amazing, but most of all, the gameplay was fantastic and to me the game was an instant classic. As far as I'm concerned, the single player campaign of that game is absolutely perfect and the last time a game impressed me as much was Doom1 back when I played it in '95 or so.

Now with this game, I see it's being delayed a lot. HL2 was delayed a lot, but for me it and many others as the scores show, the game was just fantastic. 98% from PC Gamer. If STALKER is a 95%+ of PC Gamer, then it'll be well worth the wait. If not, then maybe if it's 90%+ material, but if not even that, then that'll suck.

Infinity666
11-23-05, 12:57 AM
*cough*

CaptNKILL
11-23-05, 01:05 AM
Its just a different build but it works

*cough*
Are there actually servers to play this MP "beta" on? That screen shot looks pretty nice :)

Infinity666
11-23-05, 01:11 AM
Doubt it it looks as though it doesnt have any actual netcode and is just running maps

Infinity666
11-23-05, 01:16 AM
*cough* Again
8xaa8xaf

Infinity666
11-23-05, 01:24 AM
Are there actually servers to play this MP "beta" on? That screen shot looks pretty nice :)

Actually there are. I loaded the game but it seemed to hang Im gonna try making my own server

BioHazZarD
11-23-05, 05:06 AM
I tryied it, still looks outdates as the first sp beta that was leaked. the movement when walking is still there which gives me headache.

nVidi0t
11-23-05, 07:21 AM
lmao, did a server listing and a few mp games already going. Gonna try some when I get home.

Banko
11-23-05, 01:29 PM
Here is a screenshot with 1280x1024 8xaa 16xaf and I found a super sampling command in the console and once I did that all textures seemed to turn to 2048x2048 at least that is what the console said:

http://users.dls.net/~mikhail/stalker.bmp

OWA
11-23-05, 01:40 PM
The environment looks really good but the hand/gun look out of place against it. Almost like having an animated figure pasted into a photo.

Daydre@m
11-23-05, 01:57 PM
Here is a screenshot with 1280x1024 8xaa 16xaf and I found a super sampling command in the console and once I did that all textures seemed to turn to 2048x2048 at least that is what the console said:

http://users.dls.net/~mikhail/stalker.bmp

Yeah the environment looks awesome :eek: , What FPS are you getting on those settings ?