PDA

View Full Version : listereen safe in watercooling loop?

bugmage
11-24-05, 08:47 PM
ok so i had some growth in my watercooling resivour, i ran listereen in it for a hr and it killed it, then i added distilled water and drained out one end about 5 times(resavour fill and then drain, then fill then let run and drain and so on)

my question is as i put the last of my fluent back in, should i add a little listereen into the loop? my loop unfortionetly has aluminum and copper but listereen is basically alchahole so it shouldent be 2 bad right?? I had antifreeze but it didnt do a lot without adding a lot of it in. let me know

Roadhog
11-24-05, 08:48 PM
ROFl!!! thats a good idea... ahaha... i dunno thou, it shouldnt hurt it.

bugmage
11-24-05, 08:54 PM
well idk if the alchahol would degrade the rubber, theres already some in there because i have no way to compleatly flush the system besides run the pump till it drains, refill and so on

superklye
11-24-05, 08:57 PM
Dude, are you DRINKING the listerine??

CaptNKILL
11-24-05, 09:00 PM
I dont know... it could gum up the system. Lysterine gets sticky when it settles... its probably from the mint flavoring or something. I wouldnt use anything that settles and leaves residue.

So no. Its probably not a good idea.

bugmage
11-24-05, 09:06 PM
stick with antifreeze then?
oh and roadhog, those xfx 6600s are such great overclockers rnt they:)

TierMann
11-24-05, 09:09 PM
Buy a catfish. They'll eat the growth.

Roadhog
11-24-05, 09:15 PM
stick with antifreeze then?
oh and roadhog, those xfx 6600s are such great overclockers rnt they:)

yep... i bet i could go higher on the core.

bugmage
11-24-05, 09:18 PM
dont be haiten

and the max i hit with my listereen/antifreeze watercooling is 604/1.23, but ive read you can pencil mod it and get a clock of 640 :) there so cheap now, why not:D

Roadhog
11-24-05, 09:19 PM
nah, i dont wana fry it... I lost the stock heatsink so i cant rma it.

chowells
11-25-05, 08:23 PM
Yeah, bad idea I think. I knocked over a bottle of listerine and couldn't be bothered to clear it up then. Next day it was all sticky and a nightmare to clean up. No idea what the heat would do to it either, but probably not good things.