PDA

View Full Version : The best webcam?

superklye
11-24-05, 10:47 PM
I don't know why, but I have this sudden urge to invest in one. It seems like it would be a nice/cool thing to have, even though I know that I most likely would never use it. I have no idea where this urge came from...maybe it's just this hidden urge I have to take off my clothes and dance on camera while my entire high school watches, I don't know...I'm not a doctor.

Just give me recommendations. :p

superklye
11-25-05, 03:56 PM
bump...anyone?

Smokey
11-25-05, 04:33 PM
Logitech make good webcams.

superklye
11-25-05, 05:04 PM
Okay, cool...I'll check them out later I guess. Is there a model in particular that you know of as being particularly good/better than the rest?

Smokey
11-25-05, 07:27 PM
Its been a while since I have looked at their webcams, just just taking a quick look at what they have now, if I was to pick one for myself, I would go with the QuickCam Fusion (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTID=10562)

Features: PC • USB • Microphone • Digital Zoom • Intelligent Face-Tracking • Flat Panel Clip Included • Headset Included • Logitech Video Effects • Logitech RightLight™ Technology • Logitech RightSound™ Technology • True 1.3 Megapixel Sensor • Logitech VideoCall™

Ive seen the face tracking feature on my brother inlaws older Logitech, and it is a great feature, I like the 1.3 mega pixels, and the rightlight feature sounds good also. It is expensive, but I think that the features more than make up for that and looking at your rig, I think that you tend to go for quality stuff :)

superklye
11-26-05, 01:25 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the tip and info! :)

eoLithic
11-26-05, 01:42 AM
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTID=10556

superklye
11-26-05, 01:53 AM
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTID=10556
Looks decent, a step down from the one Smokey linked...I think I'd still go with that one if I end up getting one.

eoLithic
11-26-05, 01:59 AM
Looks decent, a step down from the one Smokey linked...I think I'd still go with that one if I end up getting one.

Excuse me?

You asked for the best WebCam and there it is.

superklye
11-26-05, 02:00 AM
Excuse me?

Then tell me why I should get it over a more expensive model by the same company. Usually higher cost = higher quality in some aspect.

eoLithic
11-26-05, 02:05 AM
Then tell me why I should get it over a more expensive model by the same company. Usually higher cost = higher quality in some aspect.

god im getting so sick of things like this...

well if you want to pay more for an ugly webcam who has basically the same features, go for it.

superklye
11-26-05, 02:10 AM
god im getting so sick of things like this...

well if you want to pay more for an ugly webcam who has basically the same features, go for it.
I'm getting so sick of people like you. I asked for help, not a link with no reason or explanation as to why I should buy it. Give me a review or shut up.

slick
11-26-05, 02:16 AM
Excuse me?

Wow. Get offended. He just wanted the other one, it's not like he shoved it in your face or anything.

superklye
11-26-05, 02:21 AM
Wow. Get offended. He just wanted the other one, it's not like he shoved it in your face or anything.
Apparently, I really struck a nerve. He got so upset that he sent me a PM saying he would kick my fat, trashtard ass.

Sounds to me like someone has a pretty small penis and is feeling angry and insignificant...

Smokey
11-26-05, 04:03 AM
Both cameras are very similar, though the one I posted has "true 1.3 mega pixel" support, where as the other one has 1.3 mega pixel support via software. You cant go wrong with either, but the price difference isnt that much, hense I suggested the more expensive one ;)

LORD-eX-Bu
11-26-05, 11:37 AM
:rofl

maybe he worked for Logitech... I used to review hardware for Logitech, not anymore tho otherwise I could really help ya out:|

superklye
11-26-05, 12:17 PM
Meh, that's okay. Thanks anyway, and at least you weren't an ass about it. :)