PDA

View Full Version : When do you think a NEW driver will be out?

newls1
11-25-05, 02:31 PM
The last 3 drivers i've installed really sucked (81.89, 81.94, 81.95) Is there any "talk" about a NEW leaked driver soon?

Peoples-Agent
11-25-05, 04:50 PM
You got to be kidding me, .....81.95 sucked?
Amazing increasing in FEAR performance for me here.

newls1
11-25-05, 05:21 PM
well, im happy for ya. FEAR is a great game, but I need a driver that will actually **WORK** in SLi for Q4 for me.

rewt
11-25-05, 05:23 PM
Man I beat Q4 about a month ago. Didn't have any problems with SLi even back then. :confused: What settings are you using?

Peoples-Agent
11-25-05, 05:38 PM
There is definately something wrong there bud, but can't definately say it's the drivers fault this time around. SLI and Q4 work fine for me, there really is some strange inconsistency with SLI and forceware as of late.

You sure it isn't working? ...getting no green bar in show multi gpu, or no noticeable performance increase when its set to Auto Select in your Global Profile?

jAkUp
11-25-05, 05:59 PM
Yea Q4 and SLI is working ok here too...

Riptide
11-25-05, 06:15 PM
Just because it works on one computer doesn't mean there isn't a problem. The majority of the time these problems only show up under very specific hardware/software situations. Getting to the bottom of it can be a needle in a haystack.

The fact that it works for some of you is probably not going to help much not to mention the fact it doesn't prove anything at all regarding the bugginess or lack thereof of this driver.

rewt
11-25-05, 06:17 PM
The fact that it works for some of you is probably not going to help much not to mention the fact it doesn't prove anything at all regarding the bugginess or lack thereof of this driver.

I asked what settings he used because maybe the settings are wrong. I don't think any of us meant that there isn't a problem ;)

Riptide
11-25-05, 06:21 PM
The comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

I only meant to state that if this is a driver problem it is infuriating to have people come back with "Working fine here. Must be something you're doing." While that is true sometimes, often times it is not. Some of these bugs can be rather exotic and difficult to reproduce on separate machines. For unknown reasons.

Comments like "Works fine here" and that's it aren't going to help get to the bottom of this either.

rewt
11-25-05, 06:28 PM
True, true

I think Peoples-Agent asked a good question;

You sure it isn't working? ...getting no green bar in show multi gpu, or no noticeable performance increase when its set to Auto Select in your Global Profile?

Most times it is easier to find a solution when we have some info about what the effects of the problem are. Not just saying the game doesn't work in SLI. :p Because I could say the same thing about Need For Speed Most Wanted on my system. But actually I'd be wrong because SLI works fine, it just depends on the settings I use.

Riptide
11-25-05, 06:33 PM
True, he probably should've provided some more details. That said from what I can see he's more interested (by the title of the thread) in finding out when there will likely be a newer non 81.xx driver out vs. trying to troubleshoot it here. I know I saw at least one post from him that described what was going on in a different thread and he didn't get any constructive responses to his question there. So he probably gave up.

Demigod
11-26-05, 03:55 AM
Well I would like a new driver that doesnt have texture flicker in nfsmw

Peoples-Agent
11-26-05, 05:28 AM
I imagine they are working on a profile for NFS:MW ready for the next release.

newls1
11-26-05, 07:53 AM
There is definately something wrong there bud, but can't definately say it's the drivers fault this time around. SLI and Q4 work fine for me, there really is some strange inconsistency with SLI and forceware as of late.

green bar there, but it goes OFF AND ON during the whole game!

newls1
11-26-05, 07:58 AM
The comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

I only meant to state that if this is a driver problem it is infuriating to have people come back with "Working fine here. Must be something you're doing." While that is true sometimes, often times it is not. Some of these bugs can be rather exotic and difficult to reproduce on separate machines. For unknown reasons.

Comments like "Works fine here" and that's it aren't going to help get to the bottom of this either.
I've spent 40+ minutes on the phone with there "SO CALL" "TECHS" and there about as knowlegable as my german shepard:cool: . I even called EVGA (my 2 7800's are from them) and they couldnt help me, I've spent the last 2 weeks trying to get this friggin game to play nice with SLI, just wouldnt happen. Trust me you all, i've done everything from a reformat, to installing 4 different drivers, and nothing has helped.

OWA
11-26-05, 01:00 PM
Have you tried removing the built-in profile for Quake 4 and using your own (to see if that makes any difference)?

newls1
11-26-05, 03:54 PM
how do I do that?

Peoples-Agent
11-26-05, 05:59 PM
Go into the nvapps.xml file, its in System32 ....you can open that file with notepad, make sure the nv control panel isnt open ....find the Quake 4 profile and simply delete it.

Graphicmaniac
11-27-05, 01:41 PM
why don't u format all and do a clean reinstallation of all ur progs?

it takes time but then u can be sure if the problem is about ur computer or not.

try also download again the drivers.

chowells
11-27-05, 03:36 PM

He has....

newls1
11-28-05, 05:13 PM

it takes time but then u can be sure if the problem is about ur computer or not.

try also download again the drivers.
Thanks for the reply, but i've done this a number of times already.

Redeemed
11-28-05, 06:46 PM
Don't the 7800GT's work on some of the later 7x.xx drivers? If so, try one of those.

I assume that the SLi selector card IS in the right position? Also, what in-game settings are you expecting to be able to run? With what settings forced in the driver control panel?

Seems rather odd that SLi isn't working for you. I sure hope it isn't driver related.