PDA

View Full Version : Everyone throw away your GeForce...

Pages : [1] 2 3

evilchris
11-26-05, 04:41 PM
The truth is out...

http://rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1334035562&postcount=81

:afro2:

jAkUp
11-26-05, 04:54 PM
OMFG Are you kidding me?

The one who is struggling is NVIDIA or else they wouldn't go for SLI

What do you call Crossfire then???

And what? THe x800XT PE wasn't OC'd? The 9800XT wasn't an OC'd card? What about the x1800XT PE? 16 Pipes with a 5800 Ultra cooler OC'd to extreme levels isn't the same?

Score another point for the retards of R3D. I am seeing more and more bonehead comments from over there... I mean honostly, do any of them have an IQ past the level of a Brass Doorknob? I say that on behalf of myself.

evilchris
11-26-05, 04:57 PM
3dfx invented OpenGL!!! lol

Omega53
11-26-05, 04:58 PM
OMFG Are you kidding me?

What do you call Crossfire then???

And what? THe x800XT PE wasn't OC'd? The 9800XT wasn't an OC'd card? What about the x1800XT PE? 16 Pipes with a 5800 Ultra cooler OC'd to extreme levels isn't the same?

Score another point for the retards of R3D. I am seeing more and more bonehead comments from over there... I mean honostly, do any of them have an IQ past the level of a Brass Doorknob? I say that on behalf of myself.

QFMFT!!!!

Edit: +1

jAkUp
11-26-05, 05:08 PM
Yea is so obvious that the ATI hardcore fans, and ATI in general is coming up with horrible excuses to defend themselves. Like "The 7800GTX is going to fail after so and so)

Ummm... hahahah!!! The cards have warranty's! Do you honostly think that NVIDIA would have a card that fails after 3 months only to have to replace it??!! Thats costs the company ALOT of money.

I'm not exactly a fanboy, I had a 9800 Pro and it was an awesome card at the time. ATI dropped the ball after that IMO.

Sazar
11-26-05, 05:13 PM
Fanboi's do not require any semblance of intelligence to post comments :D

keith33
11-26-05, 05:15 PM
I had an X850 XT before my GTX. Worst drivers ever. Simply put. Period. I got BSODs times a million, some of the stable driver sets didn't even recognize my card. I'd get weird artifacts and crap in certain applications. The CCC took longer to load up at start than three XXX toolbars and bonzi buddy. Being forced to install the .NET framework to see your bloody temperature isn't my version of compatibility. Not to mention they still don't have game profiles. Oh yeah, 2 slot cooling at 625 mhz and they're talking about mad overclocking, bitch please, that's a rebadged FX 5800 and we all know it :):)

Nvidia is the new AMD for VGA and ATi is using big blue's philosophy which make them a joke and a half in the enthusiast sector. I'm going to trash my video card in 2 years anyways and probably gizz all over it before then (like our 6800 friend) before the thing dies like ATi claims, and even if I don't by then eVGA will be happy to send me a new one.

fatal1ty
11-26-05, 05:21 PM
I did love ATis drivers and monthly WHQL updates.... but CCC sucks (I hate having dot net loaded) and secondly that guy is a clueless moron.

IndianScout
11-26-05, 05:22 PM
where do these fanboys come from, is there some retard out there that keeps breeding these people????

adpr 02
11-26-05, 05:29 PM
"Some people recently overclocked 1800XT to over 1GHz and there are reports of 1800XT Crossfire cards destroying NVIDIA GTX 512MB by over 30%."

So you are telling me that TWO x1800xt's 512mb OVERCLOCKED are ONLY 30% better than a SINGLE 7800gtx 512mb UNOVERCLOCKED? Let me get this straight: You are using that as something AGAINST nvidia?

I am not a fan of NVIDIA or of ATI. I just get what is better. HOWEVER sometimes I hear fanboys say things that are so outrageous and stupid I chuckle. :o

I don't get this IQ issue. WHY do ati fanboys ever say "NVIDIA robs fps by lowering IQ" I have a 9700pro in my other pc and I can honestly say that IQ is not different at all. And when is the last time someone here saw a review that compares the IQ of both companies say "The ATI IQ is clearly supperior"? I can say I never have (as a matter of fact I saw reviews saying that NVIDIA's antialiasing is better than ATI's). And trust me, I have seen a LOT of reviews, espicially of the 6800, and 7800gt as I couldnt decide which to get at first.

keith33
11-26-05, 05:46 PM
A guy over at RAGE with a 7800 GT is laying the smackdown on the fans:

"Hey ShaidarHaran why don't you get a life!!

I can accept that people can get attached/emotional about a football/cricket etc team but a graphics card compay? r u having a laugh!!

Try to get out more, meet pple and enjoy life. Gaming is fun but it is not life unless you are a sado.

I've got a wife, & 2 kids and they r way more interesting than a computer. U should try it!!!

Get a life!!!"

phide
11-26-05, 06:02 PM
How does nVidia hold 'patents' for OpenGL, exactly?

fatal1ty
11-26-05, 06:21 PM
How does nVidia hold 'patents' for OpenGL, exactly?

My guess - prolly the same way this guys holds whatever he's smokin' :smoking2:

superklye
11-26-05, 06:29 PM
This is hilarious. The guy contradicts himself and proves himself wrong in almost every sentence. I love reading their rationalizations because they're usually hilarious like this one. Whatever this guy wants to believe, that's fine, and hopefully it's something as or more retarded than this so I can continue to laugh at him.

Zelda_fan
11-26-05, 06:41 PM
OMfG I mean WTF is up with u n00b NvFanbois?

I mean don't u know that ATI is totally haX0r pwning nVidia?

SLi I mean HAHAHAHAH my dick can do SLi too if I want to lay down like $2000000 for surgery like you have to for nV SL-gay-I. Anyonw wif a brain can tell that nV is TOTALLY playing ketchup with ATI.

Oh yeah there is 1 thing nV is better at than ATI and taht is DRIVER HAX0RING PPL! I mean come on nVidia practically installs viruseses with those Ghey drivers. And forceware waht a ghey name for a driver. CATALYIST IS SUPERREIOR!

And ppl always say that GTX 512 MB is SOOOOO much faster than teh 1800 series WAHT A WIDE LOAD OF BUNK! U guies are kn00bs if you believe those lies. We all know that nVidia payz the r3eview companies (like [H], anand, nvnews is the worse) to fudge the numbers, but anyone wif an ATI card knows they are UBER. I read this in conspiracytheory.com and would testifi it on my honor as a hax0r. I mean just buy one and see 4 yourself.

^^^^^^^
prediction for RavenX's next post

Rakeesh
11-26-05, 06:48 PM
OpenGL superiority of NVIDIA is thank to acquisition of 3DFx that basically invented and monopolized OpenGL for 3D games. ATI simply doesn't have patents to use fully OpenGL.

Umm...what kind of crack is that little boy smoking? 3DFX had glide as their proprietary API, which isn't even remotely related to opengl. And OpenGL was created by silicon graphics, who named it "open" GL because it is a completely open standard. The only royalties that must be paid go to silicon graphics, but they can get out of those royalties merely by producing a driver that doesn't have the name "opengl" written on it.

marqmajere
11-26-05, 06:58 PM
It's funny and sad at the same time. :(

aAv7
11-26-05, 07:10 PM
The thing I don't get is nowadays, just about EVERY SITE matches up IQ on cards in reviews now. Such as the x1800xt vs. 7800 gtx, hardocp and others did an IQ test on both cards and in most instances the IQ was identical, in some instances, it was ati cheating with lacking a few lighting techniques or not displaying an image to its full potential.And in some other instances, Nvidia had weaker aa. My point being, everyone is guilty.

I don't have a favorite. I've owned a mx400,ti 4200, 5800 ultra, 5900 nu, finally came to my senses and went with a 9800 Pro, then x800 pro, then 6800 gt, then x850xt pe, then back to 6800 gt this time in pci-e, now 7800gtx.

I go back and fourth. Whatever is priced right, available, and competitive is what I go for.

As of late that's been nvidia. I will admit, they arent perfect, the shimmering for anything aside from High Quality ticks me off (in the video drivers), especially when most of us play at Quality. The internet made a fuss, got them to respond, did something for HQ only and now seem to hope it gets forgotten about.

But shimmering aside, they're available, easy to find for a good price, have the option of sli, awesome driver support, lots of beta leaks, etc.

Isnt ati missing one sm3.0 instruction so "technically" it doesnt "fully" support sm3.0?

Do u see nvidia users making a big huff about it? No.

You know why? Cause we are happy with our product and dont need to justify our purchases. (And anyone who owns or has owned a fx series card knows all about that lol)

We are content, they are not.

Thats not to say x1800xt isnt a great card, i'd trade my 7800 gtx for one for the simple fact that its 512mb...and i'd love to try one out just to fun around with it.

But at the same time, i'm really happy with the 7800 gtx it's enough. Although a 512mb version would be even better heh.

Cinema4DXL
11-26-05, 07:15 PM
some ppl are just retarded and blind

all i care about in the end is competition that drives innovation and lower prices :P

zoomy942
11-26-05, 07:23 PM
wow, this makes me cringe. its people like that, as the UNINFORMED consumer, that spread their disease to others. if one of his buddies thinks this guy knows his stuff about pc's.. then thats 1 person infected.. then he tells his friends, then his friends.. look at the math...

1+1=2 it starts here..

2*2=4
4*4=16
16*16=256
256*256=65536

and so on.

jAkUp
11-26-05, 07:25 PM
No wonder theres so many retards :D

zoomy942
11-26-05, 07:28 PM
i hope you got your booster shot.. they'll be in your area in no time