PDA

View Full Version : NFSU: MW and Textures

Darkfox3889
11-27-05, 02:29 PM
I've been messing around with the need for speed: most wanted demo for a bit and when I turned on texture filtering the game looked 300 times better! It almost looks like its using entirely differnet textures. Texture filerting usualy doesnt change that look of a game that much. Anyone know why this is so in MW? :confused:

einstein_314
11-27-05, 04:27 PM
How bout some pics of this in action? I havn't heard this before. And I don't have the game to test it out on...

Greg
11-27-05, 09:56 PM
...Anyone know why this is so in MW? :confused: This is because the textures are not blurred beyond recognition one inch into the screen. You pay a performance cost for the nicer texture sampling, so it is not enabled by default lest it affect benchmark scores. A combination of high resolution and anisotropic filtering can make a game look impressive. Also try Battlefield2 and Knights of the old republic with such settings. Can't say specifically why NFS should benefit more.

Darkfox3889
11-28-05, 02:41 AM
yeah when i dont have the filtering on it blurs at around the front bumper of the car :(

LabShark
11-28-05, 10:05 AM
It is a strange game to get to run well and look good at the same time. More so than most games. Alot of fun but it does take some time to find the right settings.