PDA

View Full Version : Nick/Scratch on LCD ... HELP!!!!???!!!???

Lazaredz
11-27-05, 08:33 PM
Okay, so I have a 2005FPW. Its been awsome so far. Thing is I went to go clean it the other day and thought it had a froogie on it (little sneeze earlier). Cleaned up very well EXCEPT one spot. I felt over it and it was a little bump. I worked on it some (light scratching with nails and light rubbing with moist washcloth) and nothing happened. I eventually figured out that it is a small scratch/ding on the screen. I THINK that the furniture guys hit it when they brought the desk into the apartment.

Anywho, the point is, is there anything I can do about it? It just really anoyying. I plan on calling the furntiure company/my traveling service and complaining but I figure if I can resolve it myself; all that easier.

Thx for any tips.

TierMann
11-27-05, 09:51 PM
As far as I know, you're screwed. You could use some of that LCD scratch remover you can find around, but that's meant for cell phone displays etc. and might mess up your screen worse than it allready is.

Manufacturer's don't even try to fix scratches. They just replace it or sell "as is". If you look around, most warranties don't cover scratches either unless it's out of the box with them.

Best thing to do is bring it up with the company who scratched it and ask them to replace it before too much time goes by, IMO.

Riptide
11-27-05, 11:22 PM
I would try a 100% cotton cloth and some distilled water. Try cleaning it off with that. If it doesn't come off then yeah you're probably screwed. Some scratches aren't all that bad though and unless it's deep you might not even be able to see it when the screen is turned on.

Lazaredz
11-28-05, 06:23 PM
Nah, I noticed because it stays dark when there is a black screen and then white when its a black screen. I THOUGHT it was a stuck pixel at first, but like I said there is a physical bump at the site. Granted, the pixel might be stuck underneath or something ....