PDA

View Full Version : graphic corruption in far cry using evga 6800nu

antecs2
11-28-05, 09:37 AM
bought a new evga 6800nu plays all the games from doom3 to 4year olds great,dvds, tvtuner ,windows great.only with far cry are there graphic corruptions.used different drivers.use riva tuner unlock 4 extra pipes no problem with card,no oc.had a fx5900nu using nvidia 66.93 far cry was fine.tried different settings in game different aa,af no matter what is changed far cry still has graphic corruption.thanks for your help antecs2

Elfear
11-28-05, 11:28 AM
My brother's card did the same thing when he unlocked the extra quad. Doom3 and most of the other games he played didn't show any artifacting but FarCry did, usually in the water. Try locking the quad back up and testing it again.

Some 6800NU owners were lucky and got cards with an undamaged 4th quad but a lot found out that the lock was necessary on their cards.

Also, are you using at least patch 1.3? When FarCry is unpatched there are some weird colored blocks and glitches that show up in the game.

deimos47ca
11-29-05, 04:08 AM
Yeah, graphics corruption... umm I'm sure I'd be able to help you if you were a bit more specific.

I have found 10+ different far cry bugs, even with patch 1.33, so maybe its something I came across... can you post a screenshot, or a photo. Does it always happen? Everywhere? Consistently?

What do you mean by "unlock 4 extra pipes no problem with card"? What did you use to test the card.. I hope not solitaire ;)

antecs2
11-29-05, 10:10 AM
Yeah, graphics corruption... umm I'm sure I'd be able to help you if you were a bit more specific.

I have found 10+ different far cry bugs, even with patch 1.33, so maybe its something I came across... can you post a screenshot, or a photo. Does it always happen? Everywhere? Consistently?

What do you mean by "unlock 4 extra pipes no problem with card"? What did you use to test the card.. I hope not solitaire ;)
the grafic corruction is same through out far cry .the indoors are bright colors.hills are brown,when in water the seeweed has trasparent boxs around them.buildings in daylight are bright yellow.cant give you a screen shot.i will patch the game with 1.3 tonight getting the patch from a i just have dialup. x

saturnotaku
11-29-05, 10:24 AM
Re-lock the extra pipelines and run the game again. Dollars to doughnuts everything becomes just fine.

Elfear
11-29-05, 12:50 PM
the grafic corruction is same through out far cry .the indoors are bright colors.hills are brown,when in water the seeweed has trasparent boxs around them.buildings in daylight are bright yellow.cant give you a screen shot.i will patch the game with 1.3 tonight getting the patch from a i just have dialup. x

Ya if you don't at least have patch 1.3 than I'll bet that's a big part of your problem.

antecs2
11-29-05, 02:03 PM
hello installed 1.3 patch everything is fine.thanks for all your help(xmasmile)

deimos47ca
11-30-05, 02:06 AM
Ya if you don't at least have patch 1.3 than I'll bet that's a big part of your problem.

If I remember correctly, the light blue boxes around the seaweed are due to incorrect fog settings for gf6. Settings should be:
r_volumetricFog 1 (ON)
e_use_global_fox_volumes 0 (OFF!!)

Patch 1.2 and 1.3 properly automatically configure settings for gf6 so no such probs. Glad you automatically found it fixed.

I wish I had an ATI card so I could check the filtering quality with bump-mapping, and on various other (fine repetitive) textures. This nVidia shimmering is kinda annoying... even though its not quite as apparent when you're actually focused on playing.