PDA

View Full Version : Direct Access Monitor Bugs

Pages : [1] 2

Jimi
11-28-05, 04:57 PM
All

I am trying to gather the monitor problems with Direct Acess that a lot of people have experienced with 81.85, 81.87, and 81.95 drivers and post a bug report with NVIDIA.

If you have had that problem, can you post in this thread and include the following:
- GPU type
- Monitor type
- Brief description of problem

Thanks!

Jimi
11-29-05, 10:51 AM
Any one have these bugs with 81.95? I know they exist.

Superfly
11-29-05, 10:55 AM
Hi Jimi - I've been asked via PM to log a bug regarding 81.xx series drivers and CRT's - I actually get this bug myself so its an easy one to log.

Dont think CRT's have anything to do with the direct access feature though???? or am I having a blonde day?

ttfn

OWA
11-29-05, 12:25 PM
Some said that certain brands of CRTs had issues with the direct access feature. The posts have been scattered across various threads so I think he's just trying to get all those people to list the issues here. It's surprising no one has done it yet since they seemed so upset about it.

Superfly
11-29-05, 12:29 PM
Bug logged.

Jimi
11-29-05, 12:33 PM
Bug logged.

Can you post that info here so that users can try to determine if they have the similar issues?

Jimi
11-29-05, 12:34 PM
Some said that certain brands of CRTs had issues with the direct access feature. The posts have been scattered across various threads so I think he's just trying to get all those people to list the issues here. It's surprising no one has done it yet since they seemed so upset about it.

That's exactly right :) Just trying to get a thread going that has all of the pertinent info here since I know NVIDIA reads these threads.

Superfly
11-29-05, 12:39 PM
Can you post that info here so that users can try to determine if they have the similar issues?

sure - be right back after my noodles!!!!!!

EDIT:

GPU = 68GT
Monitor = LG 19C-P (CRT)
Description:

When clicking the direct access feature sometimes (maybe 1 in 10) windows kicks up an error (at the same time the description of the monitor changes from "LG Electronics 19C-P" to "Analogue Monitor"). Ill grab a screenshot of the error message Jimi.

zampe
11-29-05, 01:18 PM
Any one have these bugs with 81.95? I know they exist.
Yes they do exist, and affect again!!!!

Demand to REMOVE Direct Access from ForceWare,
they need YOUR sign !
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=9473

and visit this link:
Dangerous behavior with 81.8x drivers and CRT
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59019

OWA
11-29-05, 02:40 PM
While I can understand why you'd want it fixed, why would you want the feature removed?

Jimi
11-29-05, 05:28 PM
Hi Jimi - I've been asked via PM to log a bug regarding 81.xx series drivers and CRT's - I actually get this bug myself so its an easy one to log.

Dont think CRT's have anything to do with the direct access feature though???? or am I having a blonde day?

ttfn

What montior do you use that is affected?

Superfly
11-30-05, 04:46 AM
What montior do you use that is affected?

LG Electronics 19C-P

When clicking the direct access feature sometimes (maybe 1 in 10) windows kicks up an error (at the same time the description of the monitor changes from "LG Electronics 19C-P" to "Analogue Monitor"). Ill grab a screenshot of the error message Jimi.

EDIT: - From reading some previous threads it seems this issue effects LG Monitors more than most other brands...........

spluff
11-30-05, 10:48 AM
i have a problem with a

Asus 7800GTX TOP
latest forceware
Iiyama S900MT1 (CRT) 19"

When accessing nvidia control panel the monitor refresh rates seem to reset and i need to alter the picture using my monitor controls.

temp fix - i have removed the 2 dlls that direct access use.

Thanks
SpLuFF

Superfly
11-30-05, 01:48 PM
bump - screenies attached now jimi.

Jimi
11-30-05, 02:05 PM
bump - screenies attached now jimi.

Thanks I am getting to NVIDIA now!

CocaCola
12-05-05, 07:25 AM
evga 6800GT
81.95 drivers
LG Flatron T910b CRT

i got a big and different problem w/ this fu&¨#*@% direct access!

I just formatted my pc, and began installing drivers, so, I installed the nvidia nforce4 new drivers, reset, and installed the nvidia forceware 81.95 driver.

And, because my previous driver was 77.81, I went into configuration settings to check it out.

When I saw the Direct Access LG T910b (my monitor)!!

Entered the menu, and evrthing went nuts! First, the screen gone all black (was the brightness setting that went to ZERO), and after that, the monitor gone like "old", it was all kinda gray, no life on colours at all, the more brightness I put, more gray it gone....

Messing around, i noticed that my contrast setting on the monitor was 100 (but, was like 1000x more than the 100 contrast original setting - if you know what i mean). AND THE MOST ANNOYING THING!! THE CONTRAST IS LOCKED IN 100!!!!! I cant change, neither on the monitor buttons itself. And plugging the monitor on another pc, does not change the settings, neither resetting to its default factory settings!

Two hours later, i managed once to "unlock" that "old looks" from the monitor, i was messing around on the driver screen, and triying evrthing i could. But the good feeling was washed away minutes after I managed to repair the settings, when i restarted the PC, the contrast locked up all over again, and the "old looks" came back. :(

What can i do?

I tried to unninstall the driver, rolled back, installed the 81.95 again, installed previous drivers, resetted the monitor, plugged it onto another pc, plugged out for like 10 minutes, pressed all buttons at the same time....nothing works!!!

p.s. The minus button (contrast) is working, cause pressing it, brings the menu up, but doesn´t change the contrast setting at all! I can change the brightness from the monitor also.

HELP ME OUT PLEASE!

Superfly
12-05-05, 07:51 AM
Oh dear - thats sounds quite broken to me.

Noticed you also have an LG monitor............hope it was'nt new as I think its dead for good now.

CocaCola
12-05-05, 08:33 AM
Dont you say that, you are just mean. :((

Its only 11 months old! Dont you die monitor! please!

Electronic Punk
12-05-05, 08:48 AM
I thought ht ewhole direct access was a bug :p
Had never seen it before and then it suddenly appeared.

Superfly
12-05-05, 08:51 AM
you never know Jimi might save the day!!!!!!

Superfly
12-05-05, 08:53 AM
Dont you say that, you are just mean. :((

Its only 11 months old! Dont you die monitor! please!

not trying to be mean dude - but from personal experience with this bug its a one way ticket im afraid.

saturnotaku
12-05-05, 10:02 AM
Since this issue has cropped up again, I'm going to stick this thread for the time being. Any and all issues related to direct access should be posted here. Separate threads will be merged or deleted.

Superfly
12-05-05, 06:52 PM
Just got FW 81.97 I'll let you know if it happens with this set, I doubt NVIDIA have had enough time to fix this yet though...........

Jimi
12-05-05, 07:58 PM
Just got FW 81.97 I'll let you know if it happens with this set, I doubt NVIDIA have had enough time to fix this yet though...........

Cool! How did you get em?

saturnotaku
12-05-05, 08:09 PM
Cool! How did you get em?

He's a registered NVIDIA developer. He gets new drivers before the public does. And don't ask him to leak any as it's not going to happen.