PDA

View Full Version : just beat fear! cool

bugmage
11-28-05, 07:06 PM
So ive been sitting on this game for a long time because i ended playing a bit through with my 6600gt which handeled it ok on 1024 by w/e the res I play at, and now i beat it with my new 6800gs all settings up aa and all of that very high quality, and i must say the only thing i didnt like is the ripple at the end, i wish it was veritcal not like a sideways smear, and oh yeah the girl in the bubble beat down:D

no i cant wait to see what they do with the xbox 360 gfx, but switching cards with that 16x ans w/e those setting are(at work right now) made a nice difference. I wish they put more objectes into the game just scattered around, and its 2 bad there weren more of those ghoste guys i ran in circles just to watch them lol

Sazar
11-28-05, 08:10 PM
I can't wait for the sequel.

I heard F.E.A.R. 2 was coming out.

F.E.A.R.E.R.

First Encounter Assault Recon Extra Retarded.

Woot woot.

j/k

bugmage
11-28-05, 09:36 PM
lol as long as the grafix are better, hehe i didnt get any storyline out of that game, i couldent wait around to check my voice msges(snowlol)

CaptNKILL
11-29-05, 02:45 AM
I just finished this myself (about a minute ago)... what a SWEET ending. Im probably going to play the ending a few more times tomorrow because that whole sequence (the explosion) looked AMAZING.

Never seen anything like that in a game before... its about time a game had a good ending. :)

Sazar
11-29-05, 02:49 AM
The voicemails were pretty kewl.

If you play back through it, especially right at the beginning, you will notice that some of the stuff you hear at the beginning is actually saved as voicemail near the end :)

There is some nice continuity.

TierMann
11-29-05, 03:29 AM

F.E.A.R.E.R.

Woot woot.

j/k

Heh. FEAR 2 will be called S.C.A.R.E.D.
Second Combat Assault Recon Expert Demolition
Just to keep the nonsensical mix of random words used in the original acronym.

Sazar
11-29-05, 03:36 AM
lol. Makes sense.

I still like mine though ;)

bugmage
11-29-05, 09:54 AM
yeah ill play through it again when i get my projector finished :) 200 inch screen ehehhehe turn up the bass and really fly back

Elvin Presler
11-29-05, 02:28 PM
Lol @ S.C.A.R.E.D

Gaco
11-29-05, 03:01 PM

F.E.A.R.E.R.

Woot woot.

j/k

F.E.A.R.E.S.T

First Encounter Assault Recon Extremely Stupid.

Nah, I extended it beyond necessity right? (xmastong)

Lolling of S.C.A.R.E.D too (xmasgrin)

Sazar
11-29-05, 03:09 PM
This could get interesting.

F.E.A.R.E.S.T.E.S.T.I.C.L.E.S.

Fear with balls.

(mikec)

t6_shadow
11-29-05, 04:16 PM
Did no one else notice that the girl from fear ripped off "The Ring" a lot? I mean it they look the EXACT same. But other than that is rocked and that explosion was AMAZING.

Acid Rain
11-30-05, 06:23 AM
Heh. FEAR 2 will be called S.C.A.R.E.D.
Second Combat Assault Recon Expert Demolition
Just to keep the nonsensical mix of random words used in the original acronym.As long as it's not P.H.a.N.t.a.m.

Phillip, Harold, and Nathan try attacking martians.:rolleyes:

de><ta
11-30-05, 12:54 PM
The first time I played FEAR was on veteran setting and I ended up breezing through the game without focusing on the story.

The second time I played it on extreme setting and I took my own sweet time (had to cause the bad guys made life hard) and really absorbed the story and atmosphere of the game. I enjoyed it thoroughly. You should try it too. (xmasmile)

Slyder
11-30-05, 12:55 PM
Did no one else notice that the girl from fear ripped off "The Ring" a lot?

Noticed this moons ago when the first picture of of her was released in that "Ring" pose. (xmastong)