PDA

View Full Version : RAID 0 Array set up for A8N32?

N.H.B
11-29-05, 07:18 PM
Guys what was the process you used to set up your RAID 0 array for this MB specifically WD Raptors? Did you need any floppy drives?

I want to build two (2) RAID 0 arrays so do you suggest I build one at a time say get all the way to windows and then plug the other raptors up or can/should I do both RAID 0 arrays at the same time during windows format?, thanks.

a12ctic
11-29-05, 07:59 PM
ive heard nothing but trouble from raid, and ive only heard bout minimal performance changes... if i were you id just stay away

Wolfhound
11-29-05, 08:20 PM
First activate in bios, then enter the nvidia RAID bios pressing F10, stripping the disks, install WinXP when it says "press F6 to install another SCSI or RAID controller", press it and have prepared the floppy disk with the raid drivers, partiton your raid arrays, install, finish. that´s basicly how it works (xmastong) you have a more detailed guide here:

http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=292

I have 2 RAID 0 arrays one with WD Raptors 36G and another with 2 Seagate 120Gigs

hope this helps you and (xmassign2)

N.H.B
11-30-05, 05:30 PM
Thanks Wolfhound, Im using the A8N32 MB but the process you posted is the same I believe for both boards, thanks.

LBJM
12-02-05, 10:46 AM
ive heard nothing but trouble from raid, and ive only heard bout minimal performance changes... if i were you id just stay away

have you ever tried raid Mr FUD poster?

madbeevs
12-02-05, 02:33 PM
Hi
Before you go down the route of setting up RAID on the A8N32SLI be sure to read all the posts on forums such as PC Perspective and the ASUS forum, there are indeed real problems with setting up RAID on this mobo at the moment, probably a BIOS problem. However be prepared for some grief, I'm building a rig on this mobo this weekend but think I will stay away from RAID until the BIOS is sorted. Its up to you but do some research on the forums and then decide yourself. Let us know how you get on.
All the best
Madbeevs

Top_cat2
12-02-05, 06:36 PM
Just like Wolfy said, NO PROBS...
Im running 4 xWD Raptors in raid 0....never misses abeat and when i play M/player BF2 im on 4-5 secs before any1...Just remeber set up first in bios...Then F10 to create the raid....Then create a Raid driver floppy...press F6 when you install WIN XP and you will have no probs,
good luck...and enjoy the speed difference:)

Wolfhound
12-06-05, 11:48 AM
Just like Wolfy said, NO PROBS...
Im running 4 xWD Raptors in raid 0....never misses abeat and when i play M/player BF2 im on 4-5 secs before any1...Just remeber set up first in bios...Then F10 to create the raid....Then create a Raid driver floppy...press F6 when you install WIN XP and you will have no probs,
good luck...and enjoy the speed difference:)

Nice it works, is easy to step up, and I hadnīt any problems since the first time I step it up on my mobo, but check for bios updates and check here before update http://forums.pcper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 , some bios can mess up your raid config.