PDA

View Full Version : The ATI CCC pissed me off for the last time. I ordered my GTX's today.

Pages : [1] 2

dceremuga
11-30-05, 01:29 PM
Got 2 EVGA 7800 GTX 512's on the way from OldEgg. I hope I won't be dissappointed. I was not all that happy with the X1800XT 512. Not unhappy, but there definately was no thrill factor with the card, and the CCC using .net pissed me off to no end. If ATI would have kept the Regular Control Panel for the X1X00 series cards, I would have stayed with the X1800. Soooo. nVidia. Here is another Red to Green ConVert.(cheers)

Riptide
11-30-05, 01:31 PM
You can't download a separate non CCC version of the driver any more? That's kinda lame.

Good luck, I hope the 81.xx drivers work better for you than they have for me.

dceremuga
11-30-05, 01:35 PM
If nVidia's drivers suck and piss me off, I'll buy a old X850XTPE PCI-X, ebay my cards and forget about it for a while.

Yes, all X1X00 cards can no longer use the good old ATI Control Panel, we HAVE to use .net and the ****ty CCC.

ViN86
11-30-05, 02:07 PM
i tried that with my 9800 pro in an old comp. that CCC pisses me off too. what a waste. its so sluggish.

OWA
11-30-05, 02:54 PM
Yeah, it's unfortunate that we don't have a choice with the X1800s since the CCC has to be the worst control panel ever. I wonder what the driver team or internal personnel use since it's hard for me to believe any of them actually use it or else they'd know what a pain it is.

Edit: I got so worked up thinking about the CCC I forgot to post congrats on your purchase. :)

PeterJensen
11-30-05, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the world of the 7800GTX/512 :)

Dr.Nick
11-30-05, 03:10 PM
Have you guys tried using .Net 2.0 only? It speeds things up quite a bit but you have to remove .Net 1.1 for CCC to use it
I dont think anyone would be dissapointed with a GTX 512, nevermind two(xmasmile)

SH64
11-30-05, 03:41 PM
Agreed CCC sucked .. the WHOLE idea of CCC sucked .. esp when you have a lot to change in the CP (different game profiles , settings ..etc).

enjoy your GTXers!!!

Acid Rain
11-30-05, 03:58 PM
If nVidia's drivers suck and piss me off, I'll buy a old X850XTPE PCI-X, ebay my cards and forget about it for a while.You are going to need at least a tiny shred of patience, though. Everything new has a learning period attached, and taking your time to get to know your hardware and it's software will really enhance your experience, not to mention your knowledgeability about your machine.

Take your time, use "High Quality" image settings in the control panel, mess with digital vibrance a little to see if you like it, and, most importantly, come here for help if needed.

Enjoy your new gear!

OWA
11-30-05, 04:16 PM
You are going to need at least a tiny shred of patience, though. Everything new has a learning period attached, and taking your time to get to know your hardware and it's software will really enhance your experience, not to mention your knowledgeability about your machine.

Take your time, use "High Quality" image settings in the control panel, mess with digital vibrance a little to see if you like it, and, most importantly, come here for help if needed.

Enjoy your new gear!
Yeah, that's a good point. It does take a little while to get proficient in SLI.

rohit
11-30-05, 04:40 PM
I had read a while back, nv's .net drivers will come out with vista.
Hope its not true. and if it is.. then hope it should/will be good.

ameek
11-30-05, 05:16 PM
you people make me sick, buying a couple dozen geforce 7 gtx 512s for yourself and your brothers, sisters, cousins etc. at least buy me one too. dont leave me out in the cold. hell some of you are buying these cards just to break them and buy new ones for fun. you people loaded with fresh brand new 1000 dollar american bills. i bet you guys use money to start a fire in your chimney.

mx125race
11-30-05, 05:20 PM
you people make me sick, buying a couple dozen geforce 7 gtx 512s for yourself and your brothers, sisters, cousins etc. at least buy me one too. dont leave me out in the cold. hell some of you are buying these cards just to break them and buy new ones for fun. you people loaded with fresh brand new 1000 dollar american bills. i bet you guys use money to start a fire in your chimney.

hehe lol yea buy me one too for my b-day 2day lol

Treason
11-30-05, 05:30 PM

It's a fact that nvnews members are a little more wealthier than those of rage3d. Also a little older and hence more mature.

Acid Rain
11-30-05, 05:36 PM
i bet you guys use money to start a fire in your chimney.LOL! Yeah, it's a great way to get a fire going, but anything less than a hundred dollar bill puts out too much ash. (xmasmile)

Airbrushkid
11-30-05, 09:19 PM
Get a job!

Vagrant Zero
11-30-05, 09:24 PM
You can't download a separate non CCC version of the driver any more? That's kinda lame.

Good luck, I hope the 81.xx drivers work better for you than they have for me.

Yes you can. There is no CCC on my system. The fact that someone blew god knows how much money becuase of a problem that could have been solved with a simple uninstall tends to put them in my "Darwin missed this one" catagory.

hemmy
11-30-05, 09:33 PM
do you have a x1800 card...

Riptide
11-30-05, 10:00 PM
Yes you can. There is no CCC on my system.
Are you using an X1800? Supposedly those cards require the CCC version or at least that's what I think people were saying further back in the thread.

*EDIT* Yeah you're right. WTF were they thinking.

Blacklash
11-30-05, 11:06 PM
To the OP. wow that is a lot of muscle you have incoming.

Two 7800GTs at 450 on the core are stronger than a single 512MB 7800GTX and certainly stronger than a X1800XT, so your rig will be untouchable|smokin'.

Enjoy!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8154/doom320482wm.gif

Ringthane
11-30-05, 11:25 PM
It's a fact that nvnews members are a little more wealthier than those of rage3d. Also a little older and hence more mature.

Where in the hell did anybody mention Rage3D?

:lame:

jolle
12-01-05, 12:55 AM
I had read a while back, nv's .net drivers will come out with vista.
Hope its not true. and if it is.. then hope it should/will be good.
I dont think .NET CPs are by default bad, I heard Matrox Parhelia CP has been pretty snappy since it came, but it very light and doesnt need to load all that graphics for the skin and OpenGL preview window etc..
by the look of the new CP some drivers have included, the NV CP seems pretty light too.. lets hope it stays like that.

I think .NET programmed CPs is gonna be the standard in vista acctually.

PeterJensen
12-01-05, 01:40 AM
To the OP. wow that is a lot of muscle you have incoming.

Two 7800GTs at 450 on the core are stronger than a single 512MB 7800GTX and certainly stronger than a X1800XT, so your rig will be untouchable|smokin'.

Enjoy!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8154/doom320482wm.gif

LOL! 119 FPS @ 2048*1536.... thats ****ing INSANE!(xmasmile)

OWA
12-01-05, 09:54 AM
Are you using an X1800? Supposedly those cards require the CCC version or at least that's what I think people were saying further back in the thread.

*EDIT* Yeah you're right. WTF were they thinking.

Yes you can. There is no CCC on my system. The fact that someone blew god knows how much money becuase of a problem that could have been solved with a simple uninstall tends to put them in my "Darwin missed this one" catagory.

You can use the control panel for non X1800s but for the X1800s you have to use the CCC...hence the statement "Radeon X1K series products not supported" next to the control panel download.

You can remove the CCC though and use ATI Tray Tools or some other utility to set most of the options as a compromise.

put them in my "Darwin missed this one" catagory
Does that cover reading comprehension?

wheeljack12
12-01-05, 10:04 AM
well, if their drivers were still sucking to a certain degree, I would have changed based on being forced into using the CCC. That thing was and more than likely was soo buggy. When you went to use it, it would appear half the time, thus you couldn't change graphic settings. Welcome to the world were we play our games over here, not trying to find work arounds for them.