PDA

View Full Version : Community Boycotts Call of Duty 2

johnkeel105
11-30-05, 05:38 PM
Well a while back I posted up information about the Call of Duty 2 Petition for Punkbuster. It has grown to over 15,000 signatures which is quite good. But the COD community has decided to go one step further. They are going to do a worldwide boycott of the game for 24hrs to get more media attention and get Infinity Wards attention.
http://www.iwnation.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=17541

For anyone interested here is the COD2 Punkbuster Petiton:
http://www.petitiononline.com/cod2pb/

Mr_LoL
12-01-05, 01:46 AM
I really dont know what htey were thinking by not including punkbuster support in this. Utter madness.

muaddib
12-01-05, 06:14 AM
I don't care. CoD2 sucks. Hail CoD1!

Pafet
12-01-05, 06:00 PM
Why would you mind about cheaters in a game in which you can't even die!!!

zoomy942
12-01-05, 06:01 PM

why would you say that?

rudedog
12-01-05, 06:34 PM
Our 24 hour "strike" is about getting IW/ACT to communicate with the community and answer a couple questions regarding cod2.

We are asking admins and clans to password their servers on dec 18th to let IW/ACT know the community wants some answers.

It's not just why did you release a game without A/C but why did you release a game missing the patches from the exp? Why did you release a game with missing features like http redirect.

It seems that IW/ACT has forgotten about their customers... ah I mean community.

Don't even get me started on the lack of mod support by IW. They would simply tell you the mod community was not there for CoD1...........

ynnek
12-01-05, 07:04 PM
wait, you people actually want punkbuster in there? are you mad? maybe i should buy a copy right now!

nVidi0t
12-01-05, 07:29 PM
A 24 hour strike? Jeez, I've refrained from masturbating longer than that.

jAkUp
12-01-05, 07:49 PM
A 24 hour strike? Jeez, I've refrained from masturbating longer than that.

I havent :o

nVidi0t
12-01-05, 08:06 PM
I havent :o

Nalugirl not doing her job? I know how you feel... :thumbdwn:

mx125race
12-01-05, 08:13 PM

ouch, LOL! No, its his 512mb GTX's not doing their job, they didnt get the 25k 3d mark score he wanted (pb)

DEaD_IRiS
12-01-05, 10:01 PM
I played COD2 MP for about a week before giving up and going back to vCOD and COD:UO. It's simply not the same game, reminds alot of what it felt like trying to compete in MOH after all those cheats flooded the scene. At least with Punkbuster there was a threat of having your key banned which kept alot of the casual gamers in check. There will always be some cheaters but right now with no AC it's like the police have abandoned the city.

I'm sad

zoomy942
12-01-05, 10:10 PM
i havent noticed any cheating, but i play on the same server all the time. chalkthree.com server. i am usually in the top 3 in points. other than those damn trench guns, i havent noticed any cheating so far

Zelda_fan
12-01-05, 11:54 PM

oh man..... that was a kick to the nuts if I ever saw one.

nVidi0t
12-02-05, 01:06 AM
Didn't mean it like that :(

nutcrackr
12-02-05, 01:12 AM
Why would you mind about cheaters in a game in which you can't even die!!!
rofl

24 hours isn't very long though, not nearly long enough to send a message imho

jAkUp
12-02-05, 01:45 AM

LOL (xmastong)

DaveW
12-02-05, 08:05 AM
I really dont know what htey were thinking by not including punkbuster support in this. Utter madness.

Since when was an online game not complete without punkbuster? Who knows why... maybe it had issues with their game, maybe they couldn't come to a contract that they thought was reasonable, maybe their legal dept was concerned with bundling what is effectively spyware with their game, or maybe the CEO of Punkbuster was sleeping with the CEO of Activisions daughter. It doesn't matter. They decided not to include it. Its their game, their decision.

If you wanted a game with Punkbuster, then you should have looked for the punkbuster logo on the box before you bought it.

ST:DS9
12-02-05, 09:31 AM
LOL, its been over a month since COD2 was released. By now Activision wont see any difference in thier sales for a 24 hour boycott, even if the boycott was non-ending they still wouldn't see any difference. On average 95% of the games sales happen with in the first 3 weeks of release (wish I could remember the source for this, found it while I was doing a research paper for College), with a few exceptions like HL1.

Anyways I dont think you guys should be mad at IW, I dont even think it is upto them about Punkbuster. Activision would need to foot up the money for punkbuster.

Ninjaman09
12-02-05, 09:34 AM
:werd:

CoD1 wins hands-down as the better multiplayer game.

KickAssCop
12-02-05, 09:40 AM
I think Activision got enough money from nVidia to care about this game. This game has been included in all the 7800 series.

zoomy942
12-02-05, 09:42 AM
:werd:

CoD1 wins hands-down as the better multiplayer game.

whya re people saying cod 1 is better all the time?

Ninjaman09
12-02-05, 09:49 AM
whya re people saying cod 1 is better all the time?
Because I have more fun playing Call of Duty 1. Also it runs better and there are more games available. And PB. :)

zoomy942
12-02-05, 09:53 AM
ill give ya that. with performance, cod2 didnt run very well till i got SLI. now everything runs fine, but i dont think it should require SLI. if you have COD2, get on the chalkthree.com server. i have the most fun on that one, and maybe it will rekindle your lost love of COD2:)

Ninjaman09
12-02-05, 10:06 AM
Heh, well to be honest I've sort of lost all interest in the FPS genre. Guess I just got overloaded. I'm more into strategy and RPG games at the moment, so I'm inclined to write off shooters more easily than normal. ;)