PDA

View Full Version : Counter-strike cel shaded or bump?


Pages : [1] 2

Matthius
01-08-03, 11:14 AM
okay, i know to a lot of people that cel chading counter-strike would be weird, but in a lot of ways, it would be good. i mean, it would suit the blood in cs. it just has a cartoony look to it. and bump mapping in cs would be SWEEEEET:afro: how good would it look! if anyone knows of any mods for cs to do either of these, TELL ME! and i know that cel shading is possible on the hl engine cause i've seen it in a mod before.

marqmajere
01-08-03, 11:34 AM
The only mod I can think of for CS is a lighter and some gasoline. :p :D Do the bumpmapped thing. That might look pretty nice.

Matthius
01-08-03, 11:50 AM
i spose, but one other thing - HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU MAKE THE GAME HAVE MORE BLOOD!??!?!?! i've seen screenshots of where people have been shot and blood fills the whole wall behind em..........???...TELL MEE!!!!!

de><ta
01-08-03, 12:37 PM
Wow people still play CS...

As for the gore bit it can be done with a console command... set_gorelevel20 etc. (i am sure that is not correct)

Whatever happened to counter-strike condition zero???:D :D :D

-=DVS=-
01-08-03, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by de><ta
Wow people still play CS...

As for the gore bit it can be done with a console command... set_gorelevel20 etc. (i am sure that is not correct)

Whatever happened to counter-strike condition zero???:D :D :D

To get more gore mod must be used like in moust games sadly :(

And about CS CZ , it was developed by Valve then they gave up project to Gearbox.. and now god knows whom :o it will probably be never released :rolleyes:

volt
01-08-03, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Matthius
i spose, but one other thing - HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU MAKE THE GAME HAVE MORE BLOOD!??!?!?! i've seen screenshots of where people have been shot and blood fills the whole wall behind em..........???...TELL MEE!!!!!

Download the Skin-pack.
I use a Mercenary pack 2.4b (newest one sucks kind of)
There is much more blood. I suppose it changes some settings in your CS config.

Should be somewhere at:
http://www.clanfmc.com/official.php

SavagePaladin
01-08-03, 02:27 PM
CS CZ was passed on to Ritual

StealthHawk
01-08-03, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Matthius
i spose, but one other thing - HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU MAKE THE GAME HAVE MORE BLOOD!??!?!?! i've seen screenshots of where people have been shot and blood fills the whole wall behind em..........???...TELL MEE!!!!!

you can do it server side via a plug-in. i don't know about client side.

g0at
01-09-03, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Matthius
i spose, but one other thing - HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU MAKE THE GAME HAVE MORE BLOOD!??!?!?! i've seen screenshots of where people have been shot and blood fills the whole wall behind em..........???...TELL MEE!!!!!

there are many ways to change the blood level, but be aware that too much can be considered cheating.

I remember adding a blood-splotch mod to MOHAA and the result was a huge mist of blood the size of a house eminating from players for every bullet that hit them. While it did look kinda cool, I could see team-mates and enemies getting hit miles away, and even around corners, deep under trenches, sometimes even through walls, visible by a flashing red blotch in the distance.

nin_fragile14
01-09-03, 11:55 AM
If they were to make a Counter-Strike 2 based on the Doom 3 engine, I would nearly piss myself. I still think CS is a pretty good game, but it's atmosphere is just horrible due to the ancient graphics. A new CS with the lighting of Doom 3 definitely be something I'd look forward to.

StealthHawk
01-09-03, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
If they were to make a Counter-Strike 2 based on the Doom 3 engine, I would nearly piss myself. I still think CS is a pretty good game, but it's atmosphere is just horrible due to the ancient graphics. A new CS with the lighting of Doom 3 definitely be something I'd look forward to.

and to think that many people complain about low performance in CS :p

Matthius
01-10-03, 06:05 AM
Wow people still play CS...

What the hell....have you been living under your desk, or are you just on an isolated island??? cs has gotta be the most played game around! even though its kinda old, doesn't mean its crap. all you retards sayin that better graphics are better than better gameplay are idiots.

okay, I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (CITY, STATE, COUNTRY for all those idiots out there). within 100 miles, theres gotta be at least 50 internet cafe's with roughly 40-80 computers in each one. every screen in almost ALL of them is counter-strike.

my favourite place is "the bunker". www.thebunker.com.au and they have cs competitions there, and the winner of 1st division won $5000. thats a lot a nuts. the same goes for most of the country (plays cs).

AND CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A URL FOR A BLOOD.....THING!?!!?!

COUNTER-STRIKE: CONDITION ZERO "IS" coming out, and yes it has been delayed, but hey, what hasn't? it was announced pretty early so everyones been expecting it.

Trust me. if you go to an internet cafe and experience cs like most of the people here, you'll be addicted.

Nutty
01-11-03, 01:36 PM
I agree. I've been playing CS for about nearly 4 years. The last year and a bit I play online at home, and I never tire of it.

Yeah the graphics are getting on a bit, but I've seen brand-new games come out that dont look much better.

The great thing about it being quite old is, it still runs like a dream with AA and aniso turned on.

marqmajere
01-11-03, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Matthius
What the hell....have you been living under your desk, or are you just on an isolated island??? cs has gotta be the most played game around! even though its kinda old, doesn't mean its crap. all you retards sayin that better graphics are better than better gameplay are idiots.

okay, I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (CITY, STATE, COUNTRY for all those idiots out there). within 100 miles, theres gotta be at least 50 internet cafe's with roughly 40-80 computers in each one. every screen in almost ALL of them is counter-strike.

my favourite place is "the bunker". www.thebunker.com.au and they have cs competitions there, and the winner of 1st division won $5000. thats a lot a nuts. the same goes for most of the country (plays cs).

AND CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A URL FOR A BLOOD.....THING!?!!?!

COUNTER-STRIKE: CONDITION ZERO "IS" coming out, and yes it has been delayed, but hey, what hasn't? it was announced pretty early so everyones been expecting it.

Trust me. if you go to an internet cafe and experience cs like most of the people here, you'll be addicted.

We know graphics don't make a game. CStrike has become the internet joke of the decade for the fact it attracts some of the most insanely unintelligent people we have ever met in any online game. There is also the cheaters and 10 year old timmy talking trash to you because you shot him or when they ban you for being better than the server host or a thousand other sh-tty reasons. Get a new life. Get a new game, but PLEASE don't downplay us because we don't like CS, a.k.a. bane of the online games.

Matthius
01-11-03, 06:30 PM
you have a point with all the 10 year olds playing. but unless your brain can't take the stress of a little kid calling you a **** head, you probably have emotional problems. but why would you drift away from such a good game just cause your being teased by some 10 year old retarded kid with an iq smaller than a monkey? onother reason why cs is so good is because its an ONLINE game. its INTERACTING. thats one of the best parts about the game!

i mean, you can look around and see all your mates with m4a1's and desert eagles in their hands. (its great fun when you have a microphone, and when you talk, the mouth of your character moves. ) i mean, how many games can you think of that you can run in with ak's, colts and mp5's and have an all out war with actual people?

Nutty
01-11-03, 07:47 PM
I can handle the taunts, and being called a wall-hacker when I aint. But what really annoys me is the amount of cheaters..

Playing today and found a t's who was completely invisible. 1st time in 4 years I've seen that. Totally ruins it for everyone.

The Baron
01-11-03, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Matthius
i mean, how many games can you think of that you can run in with ak's, colts and mp5's and have an all out war with actual people?

Is that a rhetorical question, or do you honestly want an answer?

If you do want an answer, I'll slap you. ;)

marqmajere
01-11-03, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Matthius
you have a point with all the 10 year olds playing. but unless your brain can't take the stress of a little kid calling you a **** head, you probably have emotional problems. but why would you drift away from such a good game just cause your being teased by some 10 year old retarded kid with an iq smaller than a monkey? onother reason why cs is so good is because its an ONLINE game. its INTERACTING. thats one of the best parts about the game!

i mean, you can look around and see all your mates with m4a1's and desert eagles in their hands. (its great fun when you have a microphone, and when you talk, the mouth of your character moves. ) i mean, how many games can you think of that you can run in with ak's, colts and mp5's and have an all out war with actual people?

It's not the fact that I can't take the flaming. I can. I just don't need to see it constantly in a game that should've died 3 years ago. You dont' see it in EQ or BF 1942 or numerious other ONLINE games. What makes this game so special?

StealthHawk
01-11-03, 09:08 PM
but why would you drift away from such a good game just cause your being teased by some 10 year old retarded kid with an iq smaller than a monkey?

many people do not agree that it is a good game. therein lies the argument.

Originally posted by Matthius
(its great fun when you have a microphone, and when you talk, the mouth of your character moves. )

are you sure of that? i haven't noticed that. i really, really doubt that it's lip synched even if the mouthes move.

in most pubs, i find that the majority of players are stupid. turn on friendly fire and you always have some asshat shooting his own team and killing them for no reason. or you have the people who step in front of you, you accidently kill them, and they kill you later.

the endless, endless camping, lots of good players calling everyone a noob, noobs calling other players noobs, teams not fullfilling their objective, etc.

can you find good servers? yes. but you can find good servers for other games too. i think the CS community as a whole is made up of whiners. and then of course there is the cheating. it's dwindled a little bit from last year or years before, but it's still there. and then there's so many servers where people accuse you(more specifically me) of cheating. admins kick me, ban me, or i get vote kicked. i've gotten vote kicked off my own server more times than i can count!

and even on some of the "good servers" i find that the attitude of the regulars is hostile to newcomers. once i was in this clan server and my team was annihilated, it was like 6 vs 1 on de_dust. the bomb was at the bottom of the bridge area, on the CT side. i was on the T side. i know the CTs are camping the bomb(i can see them under the bridge). so i think it's pretty ridiculous to try and get the bomb under those conditions, so i camp out 5 of the guys. i go around to the CT side and sneak up on the last CT and kill him(right before i do, i get admin_slapped). and after the round is over the CTs immediately call me gay, and even the Ts say "we didn't deserve to win." WTF? such a receptive community.

marqmajere
01-11-03, 09:28 PM
Exactly. Why should I have to be kicked or banned because I happen to be better than anyone else on that server AND have to put up with being called "cheater", "n00b", and a host of other names which I don't want to say here? Am I anti-CS? Not at all. Am I anti-CS community as a whole? 100% yes.

volt
01-11-03, 09:32 PM
Obviously some of you haven't played on servers where there are admins 24/7 :) Not to mention servers that are respected and take pride in having no cheaters.

StealthHawk
01-12-03, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by volt
Obviously some of you haven't played on servers where there are admins 24/7 :) Not to mention servers that are respected and take pride in having no cheaters.

as noted in the last paragraph of my previous post, many of the "good" servers seem to have elitist regulars and admins.

i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have been admin_slapped or disparaged by other players if i was a regular there. so just having admins there 24/7 doesn't make for a warm receptive atmosphere, which is one of the things i consider conducive for a good community. also, lots of people are accused of hacking, just because they have good aim or "sound hack." one of my friends playing in the same server as me actually accused me of using an aimbot while we were no scope scouting, because i was perfectly tracking and hitting people even as they went behind boxes(it was scoutmap and no scoping was being enforced). i find that highly offensive as ive never cheated using an exterior 3rd party program ever in CS.

Nutty
01-12-03, 07:21 AM
I usually play on the laggy uk2.net servers. They have horrible lag (but its payable) but there are quite frequently admins on. When their isn't you can contact them via IRC anyway. I've made requests to ban a few ppl in the last 6 months and they have been banned.

I think the reason theres soo much whining and bitching, is because this game is soo widly played. Ppl who generally aren't into computer game comunities can just get half-life dirt cheap, download cs, and start playing. You dont need a powerful machine to play it on either. Heck you can even play with software rendering! Alot of these ppl have no idea of netiquette.

Also theres the whole frustration thing, about not just respawning back immediately.. so they're stuck there able to do nowt but bitch and convince others you were killed unfairly..

This is also one of CS's great fun parts. You just know when you HS your m8 almost at the beginning, he's gonna be thumping the desk and calling you every name under the sun! :D

But yeah, newbies who dont try to learn what to do, constant whiners, constant campers, and cheaters do ruin it. Without them its great fun!

Some of the best fun is to be had on a lan where you know everyone and know they are playing fairly. Working in a games company has its advatanges. 20 player lan matches at lunch?! Nice :)

ReDeeMeR
01-12-03, 10:21 AM
Well first of all to answer "why it's so popular"

Because:

A: It's FREE.

B: It runs even on the most ancient systems.

C: Doesnt require to have an expensive connection to play.

D: Mindless shooter, there are 0 tactics or whatsoever in there.

Hope that answers your Q's ;)

Anyway I still play it in some lan parties usualy very late when you're brain cant handle anything else. :rolleyes:

Kruno
01-12-03, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
as noted in the last paragraph of my previous post, many of the "good" servers seem to have elitist regulars and admins.

i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have been admin_slapped or disparaged by other players if i was a regular there. so just having admins there 24/7 doesn't make for a warm receptive atmosphere, which is one of the things i consider conducive for a good community. also, lots of people are accused of hacking, just because they have good aim or "sound hack." one of my friends playing in the same server as me actually accused me of using an aimbot while we were no scope scouting, because i was perfectly tracking and hitting people even as they went behind boxes(it was scoutmap and no scoping was being enforced). i find that highly offensive as ive never cheated using an exterior 3rd party program ever in CS.

I will play ya. :)
I have a crap aim, maybe you can help me? :)