PDA

View Full Version : bf2 ultra high video settings?

dandano
12-02-05, 02:51 AM
copied this from a post on the ea boards. don't know if this works or not, but i thought folks here would be interested.

danh

qote follows

Did you know that the max setting for in-game video settings is High (3) and there actually is an Ultra-High (4) setting?

Yes, there is... But this post is only for those with the very best quality graphic cards out there. Please do not make any changes to your settings unless you feel confident in doing so and you have the hardware to support it.

Here is how it is done.

Go to My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles/0001

(Do not change anything in the default directory)

Make a copy of the Video.con file somewhere else on your system.

Edit the Video.con file and replace all the settings from 3 (high) to 4 (ultra-high)such as this:

VideoSettings. setTerrainQuality 4
VideoSettings. setGeometryQuality 4
VideoSettings. setLightingQuality 4
VideoSettings. setDynamicLightingQuality 4
VideoSettings. setDynamicShadowsQuality 4
VideoSettings. setEffectsQuality 4
VideoSettings. setTextureQuality 4
VideoSettings. setTextureFilteringQualit y 4

Save the Video.con file

Now go to the My Documents/Battlefield 2/mods/bf2 and delete the cache directory. If you have Special Forces go to the /mods/xpack and delete this cache directory as well.

This will force a shader re- optimization.

Now start BF2 and start a single player map. It will take awhile to optimize the shaders and this will happen for each map you load until all maps have been optimized.

After the game starts, exit out and go to the control panel and video settings. You should now see all the settings show VideoSettings_Ultra High.

I must state again, please do not try this unless you feel comfortable changing things and are confident in doing so. I can not guarantee this will work for all. I do know it worked for me. If something doesn't work, go back and replace the modified Video.con file with the one you backed up. You will still end up re-optimizing your shaders but this is not usually a problem.

Good Luck and Happy Ultra-High...

jAkUp
12-02-05, 02:52 AM
Yea, I've ran it like that before, but it looks exactly the same to me :confused:

dandano
12-02-05, 03:25 AM
well, maybe it doesnt do anything. :/

danh

Smokey
12-02-05, 06:43 AM
Just bought the game yesterday now that my pc can run it the way I want, im getting min fps of around 50 @1280 4xaa 16xaf, so ill try it make some ss etc.

j0j081
12-02-05, 07:42 AM
I think I saw this posted before, sometime when the game was first released.

|JuiceZ|
12-02-05, 09:34 AM
I think I saw this posted before, sometime when the game was first released.

Yea its been around the main issue with it though is that high & ultra high video settings looks identical so it doesn't seem to improve the iq at all.