PDA

View Full Version : Asus A8N SLI Marvell Yukon Lan ?!

Shocky
12-03-05, 08:21 AM
Hi, having problems with the marvell lan port.. I'm unable to get any internet access though it.. Its just unable to get an IP address for the modem.... Works fine with nvidia lan but I would like to use both.... why doesnt it work?? (snowman)

Shocky
12-04-05, 11:00 AM
Bump, cmon, I know im not the only person who uses this mobo ... (xmasgrin)

ViN86
12-04-05, 07:55 PM
first off, make sure its enabled in the BIOS (its enabled by default) and check to make sure windows recognizes it in the Network Connections part of your control panel.

make sure the driver is installed which should be on the disk. it doesnt install the drivers with your nforce drivers, its a separate install. (win xp, you have to install it. win xp x64 it installs the driver automatically)

it should work when the cable is plugged into it, but if it doesnt get an IP, right click on the icon in the Network Connections and hit Repair

(i know this all sounds elementary, but this is the only advice i can think of. if youre still having problems, id call Asus)

Quick420
01-14-06, 07:41 AM
I had a lot of trouble too,the drivers from marvells website are bugged use the install disk that came with the mobo.

Shocky
01-14-06, 08:15 AM
I had a lot of trouble too,the drivers from marvells website are bugged use the install disk that came with the mobo.

Tried it, same thing.. no connectiveity according to windows... Same with drivers from the website.. :thumbdwn:

first off, make sure its enabled in the BIOS (its enabled by default) and check to make sure windows recognizes it in the Network Connections part of your control panel.

make sure the driver is installed which should be on the disk. it doesnt install the drivers with your nforce drivers, its a separate install. (win xp, you have to install it. win xp x64 it installs the driver automatically)

it should work when the cable is plugged into it, but if it doesnt get an IP, right click on the icon in the Network Connections and hit Repair

(i know this all sounds elementary, but this is the only advice i can think of. if youre still having problems, id call Asus)

I know all this but thx for trying..

Quick420
01-14-06, 11:17 AM
So the drivers will install? If they do goto the advanced network properties for the network card (device manager)and check if the duplex setting are set to auto-sense,if they are not it will not work.

Dazz
01-16-06, 04:06 AM
Did you turn off the router when you change ports if you don't the IP address won't be released. If that hasn't worked you may have to set up a static IP address.

GlowStick
01-16-06, 10:15 AM
Hello,

On Windows XP 32bit i was never able to get the marvell nic to work on my A8N-Premium board. I used all the drivers i could find, even the ones from windows update and the same drivers i use on a diffrent box with the same nic.

The NIC however works fine in Windows XP 64bit and Linux, with one strange occurance. Sometimes it just loses its connection to the network for no aparent reason, and the only soultion is for me to reboot.

Not sure what to say if i just got a bum nic, but im looking into getting a intel pci nic.

rudedog
01-16-06, 12:15 PM
I've been having the same issues the last week or so. My Marvell nic would just drop.

I would have a connection and IP then all of a sudden I would loose connectivity and could not get an IP from my router. I tried all different drivers and nothing until I restarted the box.

The last couple of times I cycled power on my linksys router and that worked. I wonder if the router could be causing it.

What type of router are you using? I'm using a Linksys WRT54GX-v2 with Firmware Version: 2.00.08

GlowStick
01-16-06, 12:44 PM
My network is comprised of alot of netgear/linksys hardware. It really shoudlnt be the switches fault as all the other pcs on my network still work fine.

rudedog
01-16-06, 01:18 PM
That's what I thought seeing as I have 3 of these SLI boards and only one is effected. I would have to restart windows because a release renew would not get the IP addy back. I've tried the latest and oldest drivers I could find on their site as well as my install discs. when I cycle power at the router I eminently get the IP address back.

All running winXP sp2 with all the latest patches.

My network is comprised of 11 computers, 4 nas boxes, 1 Sony location free box, 2 wireless access points, xbox 360 and 2 network printers going through 2 gigabit switches. All work fine except this one box when running the marvil nic.

For me it started with the installation of slingboxes software. I returned that and picked up the sony location free. Did a fresh install from an image I had before the slingbox and still dropping the connection to the DHCP service inside the linksys router just not as much.

fugu_fish
01-19-06, 12:08 PM
Hi, having problems with the marvell lan port.. I'm unable to get any internet access though it.. Its just unable to get an IP address for the modem.... Works fine with nvidia lan but I would like to use both.... why doesnt it work?? (snowman)

I am using the Marvell Yukon integrated NIC on my A8N-SLI Premium board and it works fine. I used the drivers on the Asus disk. I have the NVidia NIC disabled since I don't need two.

Superfly
01-19-06, 12:40 PM
well I have this NIC on my A8V Deluxe - over the last week or so I've also lost connection and had to re-boot to get an IP back - I think its the 8.46driver I downloaded from Windows update a few weeks ago.