PDA

View Full Version : Viewsonic A90f+ blurring woes

Scunner
12-03-05, 09:04 AM
I've had this (19" CRT) monitor for about two years now. It has served me well.

Recently, as the tube warms up, text starts to blur and becomes increasingly more difficult to focus on. This is noticeable most of all on the task bar, and the lower third of the screen. Heck, what I just typed isn't as clear as it sould be.

Games don't seem to be affected. For all I know, it's a cheap FSAA bonus!

I've got the monitor plugged into a VGA/DVI connector, and then to my GTX.

I've never had a CRT do this to me before, and it's getting annoying. I'll start to get a headache if I'm reading text for a while.

Anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting? And by this I do not mean replacing it with an LCD. Could it be something with the VGA/DVI dongle? Interference of some sort? Or is the tube just on the fritz?

I do plan on getting an LCD at some point, but I'm not convinced that the current models are what I need. SED looks to be the way to go.

extreme4377
12-03-05, 12:22 PM
Ive had the same monitor for about the same time as you. It just got replaced yesterday by my new 2005FPW. I never experienced anything like that with mine. Maybe call Viewsonic? But honestly, I wouldnt waste anytime, just get an LCD. This thing is AMAZING! Good luck

Rytr
12-03-05, 02:44 PM
I got mine when they first came out and it still works Ok.

Its not a tube cause it does not have any...just circuit boards. About all you can do is check the DVI connection just to insure it is adequately connecting maybe try a different one if you have an extra. Does not sound like interference since it only affects part of the viewing screen.

Maybe take it to a good repair shop and let them check it out. 19" CRTs are hardly worth spending too much on to repair since you can replace it with a new one for a $100 or so. Probably would be better to just bite the bullet and go get a LCD that you like for a Christmas present to yourself. (xmasmile)