PDA

View Full Version : Age of Mythology

DaveChambers
01-09-03, 06:01 AM
Anyone here play? How do you think the graphics are compared to all the other microsoft games such as AOE I and II?

stncttr908
01-09-03, 06:35 AM
Well...AOM uses a 3d engine a la WC3, so it looks much better in my opinion. Can't really say about the gameplay though, since I haven't played it much, but all of the reviews are pretty strong. If you like RTS, I would imagine this is a no brainer.

thcdru2k
01-09-03, 08:50 AM
after playing aom , i thought aoe ii would look good, but man does it look like crap compared to aom 3d engine. its sweet, go get it.

nin_fragile14
01-09-03, 10:52 AM
It's a great game, but if you've played AOE 2, it's not as fresh as you might hope. The graphics are fantastic, but the gameplay is hardly evolutionary. I'd still reccomend it if you enjoy RTS' though.

DaveChambers
01-09-03, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by thcdru2k
after playing aom , i thought aoe ii would look good, but man does it look like crap compared to aom 3d engine. its sweet, go get it.

Already have it since about the first week of its release. Been out for a while now and wondering if Mike might be interested in a review of it :cool:

thcdru2k
01-09-03, 02:37 PM
i think someone here did make a review

St Lobus
01-09-03, 03:40 PM
It's an awesome game. Great graphics, fun gameplay. The best review I've read for it said, "It doesn't do anything to redefine the genre, but it's still a great game."