PDA

View Full Version : FS: Kingwin Aluminum Case KT-424-BK

UberRN69
12-05-05, 03:43 PM
I will be replacing my Kingwin KT-424-BK case this week. I plan on selling it on eBay, but thought I would try here first (xmasmile). I have a 100% feedback rating on eBay (ebay ID: UberRN, Link:http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=uberrn&iid=)

First and foremost, I'm shipping from the U.S. (Utah). I will ship anywhere the buyer would like me to, but just remember the extra costs involved.

I'm asking only $15 US for the case, and $17.00 for UPS shipping (this is for the continental U.S. only). Any other country I would need to find out the cost

Below is a link to Newegg's web site, as you can see that everyone that buys this case is very happy with it. Plus, they give a better description about the case than I could.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811170014

Things to know about the case:
-Cosmetically there are no visible scratches in the paint, and only 2 very very small "chips" (0.5 mm). I should make note of one of the side panels. It was bent while I had it off the case. It bent in such a way that I was simply just able to bend it back straight. BUT... there are 2 small dings along the edge of the panel (see attached picture).
-The case came with a front fan speed adjuster, but it never has seemed to work. The fans run at full speed at the time.
-Because the case is aluminum, some of the screw holes have stripped out (2 panel screws, and 3 expansion slot screws). My solution for this was to simply use extra case screws that were bigger and therefore tighten down just fine.
-I no longer have 2 of the 5.25 inch bays and both 3.5 inch bay covers. I didn't think I would need them, so I tossed them out.
-The little plastic cover for the front USB and IEEE 1394 ports is gone. It would only snap in place and after 6 months of falling off all the time I just tossed it..
-I modded the original IEEE 1394 cable. What came with the case was a pass through cable that would go out the back of the case and plug into your Audigy or IEEE card. Well, I thought this was dumb and altered the cable so it could plug directly onto the onboard MB IEEE connection. I also replaced the separate USB connectors (each wire would have to be hooked separately) with a single 4 pin connector.
-I have replaced all 3 case fans with low noise, low RPM (1800) illuminating (purple). This adds a cool front panel glowing effect, plus it decreases case noise. It also means that airflow is a little lower.
-The front panel air filter cover has 4 tabs that hold it in place, one of these tabs is broken. But I have never had any problems with the filter not doing its job.

UberRN69
12-08-05, 02:04 PM
Any takers before I put it on eBay? This is a very good case!!! Yes there are a very few signs of wear, but overall this is a fantastic case.