PDA

View Full Version : NFS:MW Patch 1.3 Today

rewt
12-06-05, 06:38 AM
According to http://www.nfsunlimited.net/

Patch 1.3 for the PC version of Need for Speed Most Wanted is going out today.

Here's a list of contents:

* Fixed problem with user not being returned to the offline main menu when losing
their connection.
* Users are no longer returned to the offline main menu after a LAN race.
* Fixed host hanging in an empty game room after exiting a race.
* Users are now able to find LAN races created through Quick Race.
* Fixed issue where the game will softlock and lose focus when clicking on 'Continue' in the [create new account]
screen when information is entered but not confirmed in one of the first four fields.
* Corrected number of laps in Knockout race event in Blacklist 15.
* Fixed problem where users are disconnected from LAN after finishing a race.
* Fixed issue with backround disappearing when mouse clicking the 'Statistics' button during the Hurry Up timer.
* Fixed a crash in the Foreign Registration Alert screen if the user clicks the back button.
* Fixed a crash when backing out and re-entering the Rap Sheet using the mouse.
* Clicking the back button during the Rap Sheet intro now returns the user to the Main Menu.
* Fixed issue with the interior of the car sometimes disappearing during gameplay.
* Fixed performance parts not showing up unless profile loaded.

Superfly
12-06-05, 03:42 PM
Yup: http://www.3dgamers.com/games/needforspeed9/downloads/

Q
12-06-05, 07:26 PM
Patching is super.

rewt
12-06-05, 10:23 PM
I like it when I don't have to reinstall the game just to patch it.

Why is it every time I go to download from 3dgamers with firefox I get HTTP FORBIDDEN ?? :mad:

Good ol' gamershell comes out on top again..

Look at all the nice FREE mirrors with no waiting time!! (http://www.gamershell.com/download_11782.shtml)

saturnotaku
12-07-05, 08:51 AM
Who wants odds on this being the only patch that ever gets released?

Tygerwoody
12-07-05, 09:04 AM
Who wants odds on this being the only patch that ever gets released?
well considering they jumped all the way to 1.3 patch already.... I'd say you're right.

Honestly I have seen no problems with the game. Its hella fun. Best NFS yet!

Grechie
12-07-05, 11:18 AM
woohoo

hopefully they secretly got rid of the catch up in career mode

Tygerwoody
12-07-05, 11:22 AM
woohoo

hopefully they secretly got rid of the catch up in career mode
I can't even count the number of times I cause the opponent to crash and I am a GOOD 10 seconds ahead(which is lightyears ahead in racing). Within 30 seconds they are back beside me. Sometimes its anoying but....

While I hate Catch up mode... it does keep the game exciting. (xmasgrin)

agentkay
12-07-05, 12:46 PM
While I hate Catch up mode... it does keep the game exciting. (xmasgrin)

Catch up mode is okay for action racing games, but it needs to be stay fair, at least to some degree. I think the catch up mode in the first Underground game was very unfair if you had a maxed out car (Skyline for instance), because they would simply drive like on rails infront of you and it was very difficult to catch them. Then if you actually switched to a weak car, with almost no upgrades, it was a totally easy race. The catch up mode in MW is alright, it can be tough and a little unfair at times, but I beat it without too many issues.

Tygerwoody
12-07-05, 01:26 PM
Catch up mode is okay for action racing games, but it needs to be stay fair, at least to some degree. I think the catch up mode in the first Underground game was very unfair if you had a maxed out car (Skyline for instance), because they would simply drive like on rails infront of you and it was very difficult to catch them. Then if you actually switched to a weak car, with almost no upgrades, it was a totally easy race. The catch up mode in MW is alright, it can be tough and a little unfair at times, but I beat it without too many issues.
Yea I think I've only had to restart races on a handful of times. Other than that I have beat everything no problem. Havent got caught by the cops yet either. I'm too quick (xmasgrin) . I'm at blacklist 9 right now. Does it get ALOT harder with the cops as I progress? or just a little bit? I have one "get out of jail free" card, not sure how that works.

agentkay
12-07-05, 01:44 PM
The cop parts do get A LOT harder, especially at heat level 5. The only good thing about heat level 5 is that you can get a lot of bounty and pretty fast. YouŽll need a 10 million bounty for the last blacklist guy (the Justing Timberlake look a like puss). The cell phone messages from that guy annoyed the hell out of me. lol

The free out of jail pass means that you donŽt have to pay any money and donŽt loose your car if the cops bust you. You get a chance to use it after they got you. I always alt-tabbed the game and closed the task. I know thats kinda cheating, but I didnŽt want to get bothered. lol

Grechie
12-08-05, 10:51 AM
still, in summary, the catch up is fun, but is also a B1TCH, cant enjoy ur modded cars as much

saturnotaku
12-08-05, 01:06 PM
One thing I'm curious about is at what point is it a good idea to start seriously adding performance parts to your car? I've not played too much so I'm still on a relatively stock Chevy Cobalt (though I did get the pink slip for the first blacklist's car). I can win races quite easily with it and I'd like to try and stockpile as much cash as I can, but naturally I'm going to need to tune the car. Where do you all suggest I really get into doing it?

agentkay
12-08-05, 01:38 PM
One thing I'm curious about is at what point is it a good idea to start seriously adding performance parts to your car? I've not played too much so I'm still on a relatively stock Chevy Cobalt (though I did get the pink slip for the first blacklist's car). I can win races quite easily with it and I'd like to try and stockpile as much cash as I can, but naturally I'm going to need to tune the car. Where do you all suggest I really get into doing it?

The thing is you canŽt trade in previous performance mods and get some money back, so I actually started to buy performance mods until the Ultimate levels were unlocked. Of course I was lucky because I almost got every pink slip from the Blacklist racers and they usually have nicely performing cars.

Also I wouldnŽt waste money on performance parts on the "slow" cars, IMHO all cars under the Porsche Cayman. A good indicator for the time when a faster car is needed, are definitly the toolbooth races. At the beginning you can win them with 20-30 seconds but later on you wonŽt even reach the first toolbooth and then youŽll know that you are in the need for hp. lol

IŽve had 2 million credits by the time I was around Blacklist #3, and bought a Carrera Turbo, maxed it out to Ultimate, almost cost me 1 mill in total. That car kicked ass, very stable, insane traction and it had enough weight to kick the ass of the (heavy) heat level 5 cops.

Tygerwoody
12-08-05, 04:42 PM
The thing is you canŽt trade in previous performance mods and get some money back, so I actually started to buy performance mods until the Ultimate levels were unlocked. Of course I was lucky because I almost got every pink slip from the Blacklist racers and they usually have nicely performing cars.

Also I wouldnŽt waste money on performance parts on the "slow" cars, IMHO all cars under the Porsche Cayman. A good indicator for the time when a faster car is needed, are definitly the toolbooth races. At the beginning you can win them with 20-30 seconds but later on you wonŽt even reach the first toolbooth and then youŽll know that you are in the need for hp. lol

IŽve had 2 million credits by the time I was around Blacklist #3, and bought a Carrera Turbo, maxed it out to Ultimate, almost cost me 1 mill in total. That car kicked ass, very stable, insane traction and it had enough weight to kick the ass of the (heavy) heat level 5 cops.
I'm going to see how long I can survive on just using my Mustang...(although using other cars just for reducing heat, but Mustang 90% of the time)