PDA

View Full Version : 640 x 480. 16 colours. When using 81.xx

pnut_gallery
12-06-05, 11:48 AM
Hello.

I am struggling to install the latest forceware drivers on my setup.
I am using a Gigabyte GA-8TRS350MT motherboard with an ATI 9100 pro Chipset. The rest of the specs are : 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4, Gigabyte 6600GT, 512mb RAM, 300 Watt PSU, 40Gig Seagate Hardrive, Windows XP .

I am currently using the 78.05 drivers without any problems, but as soon as i move to the release 80 drivers i get problems.

The drivers installs fine, without any problems. But after I restart to finish the instalation, windows boots up with the resolution of 640 x 480 and using 16 colours.
I have tried changing the resolution and colour, but it doesn't work. The Forceware CP also doesn't list or feature anywhere. The 6600GT does feature in the Device Manager BTW.

Things that i have tried:
Removed old drivers (from nvidia and ati).
Updated mainboard drivers.
Installed Nvidia drivers in safe mode.
Disabled Hyper Threading.
Disabled onboard graphics.
Adjusted AGP Appenture size.

I have not yet tried to update the bios, but I doubt that it will change anything.

Any advice or solution to the problem would be appreciated.

Absolution
12-06-05, 10:38 PM
its a problem with the driver
make sure you dont have any anti virus software running (Norton Anti virus is a big one that will cause problems a lot of the time)

i've had that problem when i cancel the driver install

pnut_gallery
12-07-05, 04:03 AM
I Closed all the problems in the windows tray and even booted in Safe mode.

This is what {HLH} said in the guru3d forums:

a message has already been sent to nvidia regarding this issue by our member nick halliday, he is what i've come to call.. our emmisionary to nvidia's pr department