PDA

View Full Version : **Official Prince of Persia 3: Two Thrones Thread**

Pages : [1] 2 3

jAkUp
12-06-05, 05:37 PM
Anyone manage to find this today? Post feedback here! (mikec)

nrs421
12-06-05, 08:23 PM
have to wait till friday when they release it over here (snowman)

jAkUp
12-06-05, 08:59 PM
Have you played the Two Thrones? People are saying its as good, if not better than the 1st.

CaptNKILL
12-06-05, 10:43 PM
ANOTHER Prince of Persia game? Damn... I played one of the more recent ones and I hated it. Looked decent enough, but the gameplay (and performance) just seemed teh suk.

stncttr908
12-06-05, 11:02 PM
They really need to ditch the fuax-darkness thing. Seriously, it's a joke.

Elvin Presler
12-06-05, 11:36 PM
I played it through once. It is better than Warrior Within (which was absolute, juvenile crap), but nowhere near as good as Sands of Time...

...and it is infucted with Starforce, so I will never buy the game. Ever.

karkrash81
12-07-05, 01:01 PM
I'm in the middle of the Sands of Time and Warrior within right now. I'm trying to beat both of them before I get the third one. 80% done with sands of time and about 20% done with warrior within.

I found out sands of time has some lame rock music in it too...guess warrior within wasn't the only one.

The combat in WArrior within is awesome...less repetive than sands of time. Right now i'd have to say i like number 1 slightly more than number 2.

nVidi0t
12-07-05, 04:16 PM
Sand of Time was awesome. I played through about 3 hours of part 2 and its been shelved ever since.

LycosV
12-07-05, 04:36 PM
The second one lost everything that made the first one good: the fantasy-like environment, the enchating music to go with it, and the prince's depth of character.
The Two Thrones is supposed to go back to more of the SoT setup, even using the old voice actor. I'm really looking forward to trying this game (once school is out).

nVidi0t
12-07-05, 06:20 PM
Yep, same here. It lost the PoP magic with that cash in BS.

SH64
12-07-05, 10:16 PM
(w/opics)

mcq3000
12-08-05, 01:34 AM
Idiots buying this game need to boycott this game and any game using Starforce. It blacklists systems with dvd burners. To play a Game I gotta disconnect my dvd burner? How are the two even related. I could copy the game on my friends pc and play it on my pc using deamon tools, how did blacklisting my dvd-burner prevent pirating it. Bloody idiots.

CaptNKILL
12-08-05, 01:41 AM
Idiots buying this game need to boycott this game and any game using Starforce. It blacklists systems with dvd burners. To play a Game I gotta disconnect my dvd burner? How are the two even related. I could copy the game on my friends pc and play it on my pc using deamon tools, how did blacklisting my dvd-burner prevent pirating it. Bloody idiots.
I have to say this is the first Ive heard of this... :confused:

nVidi0t
12-08-05, 01:48 AM
Erm, Ive never had a problem using a DVD burner and playing PoP.

jAkUp
12-08-05, 01:57 AM
lol

I have a DVD burner and never had a problem.

Elvin Presler
12-08-05, 02:23 AM
Starforce breaks a lot of certain model DVD/CDRW drives (mainly the good ones that make the best copies, coincidentally). It's a known and intentional "problem". All you lol'ing because yours is not giving you trouble...remember that when some virus infuction of a copy protection screws you over some day...and it will.

They outright blacklist ALL SCSI drives (real or virtual) in the newest versions. I had my old TDK CDRW blacklisted about 3 years back by Splinter Cell's copy protection (after one of the patches updates it) so it would absolutely not run from that drive. Installed fine, but refused to run unless I uninstalled that CDRW drive or never patched it.

jAkUp
12-08-05, 02:30 AM
I have been using starforce games ever since they were released and never had a problem. My friends have been using the same games and never have any problems.

The only problems I ever hear of starforce are people on the net. Yes I have heard of rare problems on the net, but its in a huge minority.

I mean, come on, starforce even provide you with a tool to remove starforce from your PC. I've never had to, and probably never will need to.

And if it was really intrusive, it would be shut down. Period. Did you see what happened to the Sony Rootkit? If it was a virus, it would be illegal. It costs money to put starforce into games. Game companies don't want more headaches/lawsuits than they have to deal with, and they certainly wouldn't pay to have one.

jAkUp
12-08-05, 02:39 AM
Anyways, to keep this thread more on topic, I went to Walmart and EB and was unable to find the game :(

DCult
12-08-05, 04:04 AM
Anyways, to keep this thread more on topic, I went to Walmart and EB and was unable to find the game :(

Just got my copy here in Greece. It came yesterday. (Wednesday) 49 Euro (rudolf) . I'll post impressions in the aftenoon. I'm huge fan of every single Prince of Persia game since it's first Ancestor: Karateka on the Commodore 64. I agree about Starforce. I have over 50 original games and never had any problem. (xmassign)

karkrash81
12-08-05, 07:21 AM
So where are the people that liked warrior within? it got pretty good reviews and sold well. I am enjoying it immensely despite the godsmack music...I don't think it's as good as SAnds of Time but IMO it's a great game.

Marcos
12-08-05, 10:48 AM
sands of time was ****ing badass

jAkUp
12-08-05, 12:13 PM
I liked warrior within as well. Not fantastic, but good.

karkrash81
12-08-05, 01:11 PM
I found out that if you turn off the music the cutscenes are muted! Now i have no choice but to listen to godsmack in warrior within.

So besides the stealth kills and dark prince thing, were there any additions to the combat in "The Two Thrones"?

nrs421
12-08-05, 02:38 PM
i just got it....they had two copies left ....

jAkUp
12-08-05, 06:33 PM
Ok, its at EBGames now :D Get it while its hot.