PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer FPS Games... Where is your interest?

Imbroglio
12-07-05, 11:35 AM
alright, so i am bored of playing AoE3 and am looking to get back into the fps side of gaming, i have q4 and FEAR but was wondering for the hardcore fps players which games they are still playing.

i used to be a competetive RTCW/ET player and i'm looking to another title to bring some excitement back into games, i looking to head down either the CoD2 or BF2 path but i am unsure about their gameplay. CS:s lost my interest a while ago and the multiplayer q4 and FEAR just don't do it for me, they feel so unbalanced for some reason (might have something to do with sys reqs).

but i was wondering what fps titles ppl are playing consistently and for any suggestions as for santa to bring me this year (santa2)

jAkUp
12-07-05, 11:42 AM
I am playing UT2004, Fear, BF2, and Swat4.

I dunno about quake4. I was looking forward to that more than the SP game, but it just doesn't feel right. Combine that with the fact that the machine gun sounds make my ears bleed, and I just can't stand playing it. I would rather go back to quake3 :(

Tygerwoody
12-07-05, 11:55 AM
I voted for UT2K4... but CS:Source would have been my second vote. Reason I didn't vote for CS:S is because I can't play it over 30 mins without getting bored out of my mind. Onslaught never gets old :)

Mr. Hunt
12-07-05, 11:55 AM
Haven't played much of any multiplayer games in a while... but usually either Counter Strike Source or Red Orchestra.

eli
12-07-05, 12:32 PM
u forgot mohaa tbh

BrianG
12-07-05, 12:45 PM
Straight-up Q3A Death Match Free for All...

LT.Schaffer
12-07-05, 12:54 PM
Coop Games so:
Operation Flashpoint(xmasmile)
Joint Operations
Swat 4
Serious sam Series
Star Wars Battlefront
Rainbow Six 3:RavenShield

CaptNKILL
12-07-05, 01:08 PM
I cant believe it, I actually cant vote. I bought BF2, FEAR and Quake 4 and I dont play any of them online any more :o

Tygerwoody
12-07-05, 01:25 PM
I cant believe it, I actually cant vote. I bought BF2, FEAR and Quake 4 and I dont play any of them online any more :o
I would play BF2 online every day if they would just FIX THE JETS/HELICOPTERS from being so overpowered.

I would play FEAR online if it was setup more like HL2 deathmatch where you actually have to find the guns

I would play Quake 4 online if it was more like Quake 3

Imbroglio
12-07-05, 02:06 PM
yea, i know, there is a couple of games such as mohaa, q3, swat4, rainbow6, rtcw, etc that i couldn't fit in. i was only allowed to have 10 options for the poll at max, so i tried to pick some of the more recent games. in hind-sight, i prolly shoulda made an other option for games that are more than 2 years old

arioch21
12-07-05, 03:49 PM
I would play BF2 online every day if they would just FIX THE JETS/HELICOPTERS from being so overpowered.

Ive taken down alot of choppers with the assualt grenade launcher, aswell as the AA guns, just need to time it right when locked and let them use their flares first, though it is harder on guys who know how to fly / avoid. most of the time ive played jets and choppers dont last long because good amount of people are doing AA, not just getting on AA when they hear or see a air vehicle, but I only play on 1 server where most people already know each other. there are some real good pilots out there though, but I think they are alright.

rflair
12-07-05, 04:52 PM
I play more then half thoose games, some only once in awhile, but I always go back to Halflife:TFC, team fortress is a blast, pure kill fest, playing it since its release.

nutcrackr
12-07-05, 05:48 PM
I play CS:S quite a bit, atm it's the only online game I play.

nVidi0t
12-07-05, 05:50 PM
CS:S, DoD:S, BF2, Quake 4 Tourney.

LT.Schaffer
12-07-05, 11:42 PM
(xmassign2 (xmastree) (cheers)
Yeah Operation Flashpoint is the only Coop Game i keep coming back to because it has so much untapped Fun!
And Limitless Replay Value.
And your only limited by your imagination..
Can't Wait To Play Armed Assault When its released Next Year..

j0j081
12-09-05, 06:25 AM
For some reason I can't stop playing cs:s. Only multiplayer game that truly holds my attention minus ut2k4 but I've put that away for now. Maybe BF2 will be good but I still haven't had the time to get into it.

Shaitan
12-09-05, 03:27 PM
I haven`t played Flashpoint in a long time, but I lean towards the type of gameplay and immersion Flashpoint offered. Really hope Armed Assault delivers the goods. BIS knows how to do mil combat.